Another Fjord on BaT

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
“I hate knocking cars but aren't we missing the glaringly obvious in this picture?”

Cmon- share!

1713445296779.png

Perhaps it's me but can't you see the 'mirage effect' on the panel? How looks kind of mottled and not offering a true reflection coming off the body work? Suggests to me that the car hasn't been properly blocked when the body work was done as the surface only does that when it's not flat. I'd say a bit of filler hiding around the top of the wheel arch. Just my observations from a few thousand miles away..

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I don’t see it as knocking the car, but rather pointing out the difference in puffery vs actual, and the feigning ignorance of the seller.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Seller continues with bland plattitudes, with support from Corvette guy, while ignoring specific comments from some of the most knowledgeable people on the planet.

It will be interesting to see how that works out.

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
I test-drove this car this morning. I wrote my comments on BaT as "2002Drew". I never looked at the "style lines". I never even heard of that term until this auction. I was impressed by how easy the doors shut and the fit of the front and rear windows. A CSi engine idle is smooth compared to my Korman engine. This car is a really nice driver in a very popular color. The transmission linkage needs to be addressed so 2nd gear is not almost next to the shift surround. The clutch, synchros and brakes were fine. All of the other little stuff could be fixed w/o many problems. If you want to take this car to a Hagerty#2, prepare to spend as much time or $$ as the purchase price.

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score

Frederick

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

kentvonseverin

Site Donor $
Reaction score
The passenger side of the car
Sure -
I'll use a pic of my car that shows it fairly well.
There is a crease (for lack of a better word) right at shin level (or almost knee level if you are short like me - LOL) on the side of the body. It is subtle - but there. Many body shops don't keep that feature when they do work. The 'crease' - it needs to be there, but should not be too 'sharp' - so to speak.. Depending on the light, it disappears or can be seen easily. Again - subtle but very visible.
20231001_175855-jpg.172676
This is a beautiful car.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Seller is increasing the superlatives: "Everything is perfect...I just don't see how you could possibly find a nicer BMW anywhere..."

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I think the potential E9 buyer is savvy enough to see through this.
He already said he is not familiar with these cars, yet has the highest praise for this specific example. BaT at its finest....

kentvonseverin

Site Donor $
Reaction score
The lack of body line definition issue has been noted in the comments now. Given the sellers high opinion of the vehicle, I would be surprised if it meets reserve.

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I love sellers comments like 'Market is $130-140k" yet met reserve at $100k. Well, then I guess that is what you thought it was worth as well.