Another Fjord on BaT

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score

Money spent but those style lines are horrific.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
The dealer/seller is certainly putting on the full court press early in the auction. Hopefully he runs out of superlatives soon. ;)

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
A huge problem.

is this the car BikeRider bought?

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The dealer/seller is certainly putting on the full court press early in the auction. Hopefully he runs out of superlatives soon. ;)
And superlative comments section sponsored by Oldenzal. I find 95% of the comments redundant from auction to auction. "The best color" "These rust" "Would love to buy this" "This car's a winner" blah blah.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Bueller?? What’s this? Bueller? Anybody?
IMG_1855.jpeg

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I think I need to wear my hip waders with all over the top commentary being thrown around by the seller without regard to the facts of this car - and there are several facts that are in question.

E9 windows are a known weak spot. It would be a good thing if they had been upgraded as described below.

The blocked off line below the expansion tank that @sfdon saw ... Regardless of leaking or not - is NOT confidence inspiring.

There have been several cars here (and elsewhere) that have had work done by Oldenzaal Classics. They do decent work. They are not perfect though – some cars have been completed to a higher standard than others. Case in point here - there is no documentation on the body during restoration and paint. That and the missing shadow/crease line missing on this car (or at least it appears to be).

Also - the transmission..... With all the effort (I presume) that was put into this car - the installation of a 5-speed trans would be expected...

I'm not going to be the bad cop (at least not yet) on the auction. Will see where it goes... I might chime in there though and put a plug in for the forum here. LOL

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Lucky to have nice 20 gauge dash warning light wiring to protect our 25 amp fuse….

IMG_1858.jpeg

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Some people attach fender grills from the back and some from the front…

IMG_1860.jpeg