And another BaT offering.... 1974 Chamonix CS in Georgia

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Here we are again.....
Looks to be a nice car
One positive here is we seem to have a seller who responds... That's a plus compared to some recent BaT auctions.
Car has AC... body looks straight... nice car.
Garage isn't too bad either. LOL
From there... have fun.

1974_bmw_3.0cs_dsc02162-58884.jpg

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
about an hour or so NE from me. never seen or heard of this coupe before.
not too many pics of the underside or other areas where rust hides ... just the comment about rustfree its entire life. hmmm ... makes me wonder

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Looks like a nice original car. Great color combo. VIN 4335169 comes up as a different car in the registry. Registry car is wrong. Seller has photo of the VIN plate but not firewall stamp. But Google search confirms the BaT coupe VIN.
Sold at Mecum Kissimmee 2022. Membership needed to see sale price.

Last edited:

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
@lip277, your comment about an unresponsive seller suggests the seller of a recent coupe was unresponsive because his wife forced the sale on him, he set a high reserve, remained silent. Auction RNM, he can say he tried to sell.

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
@lip277, your comment about an unresponsive seller suggests the seller of a recent coupe was unresponsive because his wife forced the sale on him, he set a high reserve, remained silent. Auction RNM, he can say he tried to sell.
I bet that happens more often than we'd like to think about - LOL

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
about an hour or so NE from me. never seen or heard of this coupe before.
not too many pics of the underside or other areas where rust hides ... just the comment about rustfree its entire life. hmmm ... makes me wonder
Rather obvious the numerous bubbles in the paint caused by Rust! popping out in the right rear wheel well picture (picture # 40). And if this car is ever driven in the rain there will be more rust forming when the water goes right through the gap in the windshield seal.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
RNM at $44K. Unless you’re offering a near perfect or ultra rare example, we may be in the Hold stage of Buy, Sell, or Hold question on (insert Vintage BMW here). Or maybe it’s a good time to buy? o_O I’m holding.

Last edited: