Amelia Island 2015

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
A friend and I are headed down Thusday Mar 12th (convoying with Bwana). Hopefully we'll have another weekend of good weather.

Which e9'ers will be there, with or without their cars? If any of you would like to get together Fri or Sat night for coupes & c0cktails (whether you have your car there or not) I am game. Friday morning I plan on going to the Gooding auction preview followed by the RM preview which are both fun and any wingmen welcome.

Sat is the C&C (cars & coffee) followed by more C&C (coupes & c0cktails). Last year we had a 4-5 coupe grand entrance to that and parked together so we must do that again.

Last year Craterface and I convoyed to the Concours on Sun and that worked out well parking-wise. Scott are you bringing your CSL again?

So who all is going to be there and would like to partake in any events?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Steve,

Elaine + I arrive on Friday sometime in the afternoon. we are staying at the Omni on the island. i will be in the 911 as i didn't get accepted into the C+C. i still have the interior apart on the coupe, waiting for the black carpet from KHM ... and the transformation of tan to black interior.

dinner friday night with whoever is there?

scott

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Dang. Annabelle is not yet ready for a road trip. I really need to get her running again before Peter gets to town.

Take lots of pictures please.

dbower

Reaction score
Assuming mine gets back together by then, I plan to arrive Friday late afternoon. Hey, I've got 16 days -- what could go wrong?

I'm in for the C&C Saturday and then join up with the BMW Vintage & Classic Club Sunday night for a week-long tour all the way to Key West.

Love to meet up and coordinate plans.

Don

Bwana

Reaction score
Trying to drive in with Steve but plans are still a little fluid (I wish I were retired :-( ). Work may get in the way.

Regardless, we'll be there Friday afternoon/evening and C&C on Saturday, then meet up with BMW Vintage & Classic Club Sunday night for a week-long tour all the way to Key West too! :-D

Possibly Friday and Saturday nights?

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I'm coming in Friday afternoon in the Coupe from Atlanta.
Staying in a condo on the beach.
Car is in the C&C on Saturday so would like to park together.

Dinner either night is ok with me.

Gary Beck

latebrake

Reaction score
I'm showing 3 motorcycles in the show on Sunday, they have a featured class of bikes that raced the high banks of the Daytona Raceway. If any E9'ers are out and about, please stop by and say "Hi". I'll be with the Yamaha TZ750, BSA Rickman Metisse, and relevantly, the Butler and Smith BMW F750. Hope to see you there!

Gordon McCall

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
We'll stop by and say hello-looking forward to seeing your bikes

I'm showing 3 motorcycles in the show on Sunday, they have a featured class of bikes that raced the high banks of the Daytona Raceway. If any E9'ers are out and about, please stop by and say "Hi". I'll be with the Yamaha TZ750, BSA Rickman Metisse, and relevantly, the Butler and Smith BMW F750. Hope to see you there!

Gordon McCall

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'll be there

Arriving late Friday PM. No CSL this year, bringing the 1 series M to Cars and Coffee. CSL is in the queue at the resto shop, getting some details done. Which always takes 3x longer than I think it should. May try to show it next year at some judged shows so just getting it put right.

Looking forward to getting together with any bimmerphiles for dinner. Let's hope it is sunny.

Scott

bimmerlon

Reaction score
Getting ready for Amelia,should be a great event as usual.C&C is on unless 3 inches of rain in 24 hrs.?? We will be with the classic and Vintage group,white z3 M roadster. Be sure to say Hi!
The weather has been nice in Orlando but some afternoon Thunder storms for Jacksonville
For this weekend.
There should be several 507's and 328 roadsters .bring the camera --- and maybe an umbrella!
Lonny

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'm in and convoying with my friend in his '57 300SL roadster so I have no right to complain about the weather! See you all Sat if not before, we are planning to get there Thurs afternoon.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Lonny,

Is Vintage & Classic parking as a group?

Is Goetz coming with something? Driving or shipping.

Gary

bimmerlon

Reaction score
We are to park as a group,don't know if we can but we will try.Goetz is bringing
His 840 for the tour,the 502 cabrio is for sale at rm auctions.Look at the auction preview to see all the cars for sale! The 502 is there!
See you this weekend,hope the weather holds for us!
Lonny

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I've temproarilly sealed my fenders for the anticipated wet roads. Car is in the hangar ready for the mission.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
my coupe is going to be staying warm + dry in the garage. i'll be coming down in the 911. where are we going to get together for dinner on friday night?

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Anywhere on the island is ok with me, I will have 8 hours to think about it on the way down! I can say there is a beach restaurant with plenty of off street parking (Sandy Bottoms Bar & Grill) which is up the road from the Ritz. Am open to other suggestions.

my coupe is going to be staying warm + dry in the garage. i'll be coming down in the 911. where are we going to get together for dinner on friday night?