All 2800 CS owners

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
Special Notice: For 2800 CS owners who have the original non-retracting Klippen seat belts.

Your CS was originally equipped with a black plastic seat belt "docking clip" or holder--it snapped onto the hand brake arm--near the boot covering the fulcrum end--to hold belt closure ends when not in use. They were not very durable due to brittle plastic used to fabricate them and were fracture prone. As an early 2800 CS owner I probably replaced the part 2 or 3 times before they became extinct about 30 years ago--when they disappeared from the CS parts books never to emerge again.

Two of our 2800 CS members still had their original parts and volunteeed pictures and measurements of them. Also, I still had one that had been restored but had fractured--though it still served as a model.

A member of our message board--an accomplished materials engineer for an aerospace special materials supplier to the industry fabricated a complex mold and has now produced a replacement from more flexible, durable and modern material that will endure versus fracture. Yesterday, I was treated as the recipient of the first piece. Its appearance, fit, finish, flexibility and function are all equal to or superior to the originals.

The BLUMAX was happy to have his belts secured again. To those who need a solution to the drifting Klippen seat belts that were such a nuisance without this solution--if interested in solving it with a new part hit me back.

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
Specifics of seat belt holder

Refer to band 2 of orange auxiliary parts catalogue--part 7--part #72 11 1 802 804 called seat belt "lock support"--what I have called seat belt "docking clip". It's a professionally reproduced part made of a modern, more flexible and much more durable material that will not crack.

Our board member is not looking to sell large numbers as it required building a complex special mold and tooling in his spare time--then each part is a hand operation requiring considerable time and material expense to make--pour material, cure time overnight and then finishing--all are time consuming steps.

He stated to me that they will not be produced in quantity but he would agree to produce individual orders at $50 each with some waiting time for each.

I have some pictures--of the part, in the installed position, then holding both seat belt ends.

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
Pictures taken:
1) five views of the finished part
2) one view of part installed
3) three views of seat belts in "docked" position

As previously stated this part disappeared about 3 decades ago so no pics of the original part in my possession. A very small drawing of this black plastic part is in the original orange parts book. Can assure you that dimensions and appearance of the reproduction is nearly identical to the original. There is some strengthening of the critical "feet" that attaches the part to the hand brake arm and the use of a much more advanced, flexible and robust material to achieve longevity of the part. The materials engineer has stated that--contrary to the original plastic part failure--the reproduced part is not expected to fracture in use--ever.

Send me your e-mail address for above described pictures if interested:

[email protected]

Last edited:

gwittman

Reaction score
As Murray has stated the polymer I use is very tough and it would take very extreme stress to break it. It will cut though, so you do not want to expose it to sharp edges. It is softer than Nylon but still rigid enough to serve its purpose. If you happen to bend it, it will return to shape unless you tie it in a knot. The abrasion resistance of this material is excellent.

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
I've responded to each request received to date for pictures of our reproduced long ago NLA seat belt buckle holder or "docking clip" part.

If there are other 2800 CS owners who still have the original Klippen non-retracting "spaghetti belts" who may be interested in a solution to their adrift seat belt buckles--let me know. The reproduced part that BLUMAX now has in place is vastly superior to the original part.