A Silly Question From A Newbie

BarryMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
I've a 74 RHD 3.0csi that has a broken stalk on the right of the steering column. Can anyone tell me what is this stalk for as the left stalk controls both signal and wiper?

BarryMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks Aussiecsl!
Thats what l though too!
Not sure why my mechanic says otherwise!
Have a nice weekend!

inovermyhead

Reaction score
My LH stalk does high beam on and off and the flasher, the RH works indicators, wipers by pushing the end and washers by holding down on the end of the stalk..... not sure if this how it should be ? RHD drive car

Cheers. John

bmwkai

Reaction score
My LH stalk does high beam on and off and the flasher, the RH works indicators, wipers by pushing the end and washers by holding down on the end of the stalk..... not sure if this how it should be ? RHD drive car

Cheers. John
That is how it should be from 1968 - 1973
1974 - 1975 has the stalks working like today - LH does high beam, flasher and indicator - RH does the wipers and washer

inovermyhead

Reaction score
So as my lad stalk has lost the 'high beam on/off ' function, although the flash function still works, anyone have a part number for the early unit.
Or better still has any one got a spare they would want to sell?

Cheers. John

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
new ones are ungodly expensive from BMW - around $500 us (409.08 euro from W+N)

inovermyhead

Reaction score
I know, can't really see why they are quite so expensive there's not really that much to them.
I think unless I can find a spare on of an old car, I will try and fix mine. BTW does the e3 run the same part?