73 CSa on BAT

merdad

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I always wondered what happened to this car. I owned it for a while and it was the cleanest one I had. Bought it in Palm Springs with an extremely low miles and bone dry. Only draw back was a change in color. I eventually had it repainted to original. Tranny was gone and as one receipt shows from Summit in 2000, I changed to ZF. I even redid the consul myself. I won a second place for it at one of the gatherings, shows.
It is a shame to see it go thru some hard times.

Attachments

• a6.jpeg
    a6.jpeg
    229 KB · Views: 80
  • a4.jpeg
    a4.jpeg
    186 KB · Views: 71
  • d3.jpeg
    d3.jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 66
  • d12.jpeg
    d12.jpeg
    147.8 KB · Views: 63
  • Shifter 1- Cut out to accept the offset_WEB08.jpeg
    Shifter 1- Cut out to accept the offset_WEB08.jpeg
    185.2 KB · Views: 66
  • int-14.jpeg
    int-14.jpeg
    138.6 KB · Views: 66
  • int-9.jpeg
    int-9.jpeg
    120.1 KB · Views: 63
  • c16.jpeg
    c16.jpeg
    86.2 KB · Views: 70
  • c15.jpeg
    c15.jpeg
    76.6 KB · Views: 62
  • c18.jpeg
    c18.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 77
  • c11.jpeg
    c11.jpeg
    97 KB · Views: 81
  • c06.jpeg
    c06.jpeg
    94.4 KB · Views: 83

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I always wondered what happened to this car. I owned it for a while and it was the cleanest one I had. Bought it in Palm Springs with an extremely low miles and bone dry. Only draw back was a change in color. I eventually had it repainted to original. Tranny was gone and as one receipt shows from Summit in 2000, I changed to ZF. I even redid the consul myself. I won a second place for it at one of the gatherings, shows.
It is a shame to see it go thru some hard times.

I like that you took it to the original Polaris, however I am torn a bit as I obviously have a thing for Golf...curious where this ends up...getting down to the final half hour.

merdad

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I like that you took it to the original Polaris, however I am torn a bit as I obviously have a thing for Golf...curious where this ends up...getting down to the final half hour.
It wasn’t even golf nor was it of any BMW colors.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
that looks like a BMW yellow that came out around 1980. i knew 2 different people that had cars in that color, the first an e21 and the second an e12. never new the color name

merdad

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Canary or Manila? But he said not a BMW color...
I just said that since I hadn’t seen that color on a BMW, but may have been of later colors. Here is a picture in more of a sunlight.

Attachments

• a1.jpeg
    a1.jpeg
    242.9 KB · Views: 59
  • a2.jpeg
    a2.jpeg
    231 KB · Views: 66

Alice Couper

Site Donor $
Reaction score
So why did this one sell for only $51,000? The slushbox? The stock engine? The accident repair? The need for new seals? Soft market? Voodoo? All of the above?

shanon

Reaction score
Palm Springs?! Small world.

I lived there in the mid 80s and bombed the around the desert in Dad's TR6 during my high school daze....
Don't remember racing this one ;)

When ya get it?

merdad

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Palm Springs?! Small world.

I lived there in the mid 80s and bombed the around the desert in Dad's TR6 during my high school daze....
Don't remember racing this one ;)

When ya get it?
Hi Shanon,
I can’t quite remember the year, but it was after I had sold the CSL and guess around early 90s.
It was a sale by the trustee. I had it towed right away. Great car it was.

merdad

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
So why did this one sell for only $51,000? The slushbox? The stock engine? The accident repair? The need for new seals? Soft market? Voodoo? All of the above?
Must have been the accident. Still the presentation was not good. The car should have been detailed.
It would have sold for more, if someone like Cartiologi had listed it.
It had a perfect interior, and I can’t understand the change other than being really used and hence the state of the car.