72 E9 CSi on BaT

E9inus Maximus

Site Donor $
Reaction score
That's my coupe, after 22 years, it's time to sell.

Please feel free to pass the link on or ask questions on the auction.

Thanks,

Ray
Hi RJ, I'd really like to speak with you. I'm in Miami as well. I just recently bought an original unrestored and very complete E9 with not as much rust compared to others. It's at Miami Engines getting a stock engine and driveline rebuild. I'm also watching your car on BAT glwta....super nice and very well done listing. I can be reached @ 305-495-1942. I noticed that the shop that did your bodywork is closed. I tried contacting them. Hoping you can help me with a few questions. Thx!

RJRuiz

Reaction score
Hi RJ, I'd really like to speak with you. I'm in Miami as well. I just recently bought an original unrestored and very complete E9 with not as much rust compared to others. It's at Miami Engines getting a stock engine and driveline rebuild. I'm also watching your car on BAT glwta....super nice and very well done listing. I can be reached @ 305-495-1942. I noticed that the shop that did your bodywork is closed. I tried contacting them. Hoping you can help me with a few questions. Thx!
Yes, TSA is no longer in operation, the owner passed two years ago. We had become friends and it was very sad. Good guy and a real artist with sheet metal.

I'll give you a call later today, be glad to help in any way I can.

R

RJRuiz

Reaction score
I saw this car several months ago at a BMW Fuel Fed Cars & Classics in Ft.Lauderdale. I was quite interested in his Korman stage 2 injected engine since I have the carb version in my Coupe. The car is quite nice. The font on the speedo only matters when the needle is going past it.....
Hi Drew! Thanks for the kind words.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks. I have a thing for white cars and Cardinal Red or dark brown interiors; can't for the life of me explain why.

It's interesting to see just how many shades of white there are- I really liked the slightly creamy tone of Chamonix.

R
Our first BMW was a 1972 Chamonix Bavaria my dad bought new and we kept it until I graduated HS. Drove it to my Junior Year HS Prom. I still remember curling up as a kid in the sheepskin covers on the front seats, was in the kid seat in the back for years. Lots of fond memories. I too will always like the white BMW's and agree with your interior choices, can't go wrong there. GLWS.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
awesome car, but could use more pics for those really wanting to spend $$$.

E.g. spare tire well (holes I see from the underside), floors, etc.

Looks like the seat covers not quite installed right, but love the shade of red.

Good luck! I can see six figure bidding on this car!

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
The old VIN plate section looks like it lived in Chernobyl.

This what you're referring to?

1972_bmw_3.0csi_1972_bmw_3.0csi_0dab269d-a244-4d8e-b862-97ba1fa1668f-i8FcV3-scaled.jpg

BikeRider

Site Donor
Reaction score
My CSi has a mirror in about the same place - maybe an inch back and down...and a different base/stem...