5 slat kidney grille reproduction in stainless

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks like the same photos I was sent during prototyping.

I still have it sitting here, biggest problem was weight (around 1kg from memory), studs being very far out of alignment and the overall shape wasn't consistent enough for my liking.

Had quite a bit of back and forth, I also have a set of their bumpers and needed to cut and re weld the rear bumper mounts about an inch off, was then offered a discounted purchase on a newer design.

Decent enough for the price, but having customers be a guinea pigs for R&D isn't really my thing. In hindsight I should have gotten my originals re chromed

so do you plan to continue your path for better quality or would you pass now that they seem to be selling them on their own ?

nosmonkey

In Rust We Trust
Site Donor
Reaction score
so do you plan to continue your path for better quality or would you pass now that they seem to be selling them on their own ?
It's something to put on the back burner for a while the demand is definitely there we all want them! However it realistically needs to be pressed aluminium

eb88

Reaction score
As an alternative solution I stripped my original and had it chromed with great results by Colonnade in London, England
1000017911.jpg
1000017890.jpg

eb88

Reaction score
It really is an amazing finish, resembles jewellery. Thankfully they include all the repairs in the replating process, we didn't have to do anything aside from the disassembly. They have done every single piece of the car for us the same way, which took about six months in total.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It really is an amazing finish, resembles jewellery. Thankfully they include all the repairs in the replating process, we didn't have to do anything aside from the disassembly. They have done every single piece of the car for us the same way, which took about six months in total.

What did the job with the kidney cost?

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
thank you,
but isn’t the shape a bit un-squared?
Indeed! I noticed the same thing!

On an original front grille, all bars, whether being the 5 or later 4 bar grilles, have the 10 or 8 slats in PARALLEL.
This reproduction doesn't; the Left 5 and right 5 slats are set at a slight angle to each other.

And I think it ruins the beautiful styling in a quick and effective way.

I'd rather have a tatty original. At least it has the potential to look perfect if you have/find some skilled hands.