3.0cs Parts Value

aeronotix

Reaction score
HI,
I'm looking for a gas pedal bracket, that is welded to the body of the car.
Mine rusted away with the floor board so it's missing. You could cut roughly the floorboard around and i,dooo take the time to salvage it.
Is it in good shape?
Also looking for headlight cover, Lh
And for a gas tank cover
Letter me know if you are interested in helping.
Cheers

Bmwphatpat

Reaction score
I can take a picture of the gas pedal mount and send it to you.

I don't have any of the rest of the parts you're after - sorry.

Wladek

Reaction score
HI,
I'm looking for a gas pedal bracket, that is welded to the body of the car.
Mine rusted away with the floor board so it's missing. You could cut roughly the floorboard around and i,dooo take the time to salvage it.
Is it in good shape?
Also looking for headlight cover, Lh
And for a gas tank cover
Letter me know if you are interested in helping.
Cheers
Gas pedal bracket is not welded to the body (it might look so, but it's not), on both sides it is mounted/pulled in on nylon sleeves.

aeronotix

Reaction score
From the '74 the bottom of the gas pedal clamps into a piece of sheet metal. I have attached a pics of a similar installation (probably not an E9)

Attachments

• IMG_3677.JPG
    IMG_3677.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 142

Bmwphatpat

Reaction score
Also I found a possible VIN number where members were saying I should find it - does this look right?
34857418016_1688103f4d_k.jpg

Wladek

Reaction score
From the '74 the bottom of the gas pedal clamps into a piece of sheet metal. I have attached a pics of a similar installation (probably not an E9)
Misunderstanding - I was thinking of top metal bracket.
For you it will be much easier to made custom, than find a good used as this parts are pretty often rusted.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Misunderstanding - I was thinking of top metal bracket.
For you it will be much easier to made custom, than find a good used as this parts are pretty often rusted.

Same here. I don't have one either. It is completely missing from my parts car, and I need one for my project car also. Seems easy enough to make though.

aeronotix

Reaction score
In fact mine was in a similar condition. It's probably a low stop and water manages its way at this spot. For those driving in rain (if any??) and sunroofed cars, I encourage to do a regular visual check of this location.

willybali

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi!,
whats the trunk spare well look like?? in canada and all makes me think perhaps not that pretty but have to ask? any pictures?

Bmwphatpat

Reaction score
Would have to check more closely to confirm condition of the well. I didn't recall seeing any holes in it from inside the trunk though.

Bmwphatpat

Reaction score
Is there any demand for the steering box? If so whats the going price for those? Is there an easy test to tell if its worn out?

It seems to operate the steering assembly smoothly as it sits, but its not under load...

Sean-e9

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Same here. I don't have one either. It is completely missing from my parts car, and I need one for my project car also. Seems easy enough to make though.

58dec3360c982687801444a5aef36355.png

Hey Markos,

Is this what your looking for? Laser cut by the guy restoring my csi same as the other bracket that limits pedal travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hey Markos,

Is this what your looking for? Laser cut by the guy restoring my csi same as the other bracket that limits pedal travel.

Sean,

I am absolutely interested and I suspect that others are also. I sent your guy a note about the pedal stop but I never heard back. Would you mind inquiring? I'm not huge on organizing group buys, but I may be willing to kick on off for these parts. I do in fact have the lower bracket on my project car but the metal around it is withering away. I get pedal flex and it is essentially tearing through the floor.