2000CS Repro Door Parts

vraned

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
2000CS door ovals. Made four sets of these for Fechner Restorations. May have already saturated the world market, but just in case someone else needs them. Gray PVC, CNC machined. $70/set + shipping from San Jose, CA.

IMG_2338_s.JPG

2000CS door strikers. Brass, CNC machined. $50/set + shipping from San Jose, CA. Slight interference fit.

IMG_2309_s.JPG

Both items installed:

IMG_2339_s.JPG

PM if interested. 3-week lead time.

Erik

Site Donor
Reaction score
Those look nice for 2000cs owners.

Off-topic a bit, but curious as to what became of the aluminum side & hood vent grilles you had made. Too difficult to reproduce, or is it possible that they might be subject of another production run?

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
As usual, very nice work David.. These are the same found on other NK-series sedans, such as the 1800. Don't know about the 2000 sedans. I coordinated a group buy on the NK sub-forum of the 2002 FAQ a 2-1/2 years ago for these parts made by a guy in Europe at a little over twice your price (ouch). You may be interested in posting on that forum.

vraned

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Luis, thanks for that info. I'd rather be losing money making the fins, but as I already made these parts for Boyd, I wanted to offer them to the group, too. Feel free to point interested parties in this direction.

Erik, on the topic of the fins, the plan is to simplify the work flow, improve the fit, and eliminate the welding by machining them in one piece. I am actively working on this and truly appreciate your encouragement and patience.

vraned

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Strike Installation

Installing the strikers is pretty straightforward, but as the geometry is odd and the receiving mechanism is so old a few pointers are in order.

1. Removal all remnants of the old plastic striker. The receiving pocket must be clean due to the tight tolerances.

IMG_2641_s.JPG

2. Slide the new striker into the mechanism.

IMG_2642_s.JPG

3. Depending on the tolerances of the receiver, the new striker may drop right into place, or require a slight press. In the former case, you will need to epoxy the striker into place. In the latter case, use a pair of pliers to gently press the striker into the fully seated position. The press fit scenario is definitely preferred, and I hand fit all of the strikers on my test part to achieve the slight press condition.

IMG_2643_s.JPG

This image shows the striker in the almost-seated position. One more squeeze and the part will be difficult to remove. Further, the function of the part supports the press, so once in it is not coming out. I left a little gap so that I could pry it back out.

IMG_2644_s.JPG

This image shows the way I extract the strikers after test fitting them. This seems to be the best way to get them out without damaging any critical tolerance surfaces.

IMG_2645_s.JPG

Coupster

Reaction score
Latest set.
I know this posting is an older post, but I was wondering if you can still make a couple sets of the BRASS inserts? I have the other plastic type roller covers
but I still need those little brass inserts. I have a 66 CS and the doors don't quite close up like they should, and I suspect its due to these missing pieces.
Any help would be appreciated. Thx