2000cs on Barrett Jackson auction

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
As I am stuck in a "hotel" room far away from home I noticed they had the Velocity channel. So I turned it on yesterday and noticed that they had what looked like a fully restored 2000cs coming up. Mike Brewer from Wheeler Dealer did what seemed like a nice personal presentation of the car. Unfortunately I got an important phone call at that time so I could not hear what he said. I hope someone caught that and recorded it.

I did not have time to see it cross the auction block. But if prices for some of the other european cars are any indication I have a feeling that new Klass may have gone at a very attractive price for the buyer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
the red one at Las Vegas? Dig the description:
completely original and all-matching-numbers with original paint.
On its second owner, the original owner brought the car to Canada in 1968
from Germany and owned it until 2010.
**Title In Transit** Reported as sold for 23.1
198601_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1968-BMW-2000-CS-198601

Last edited:

coupelady

Reaction score
It says rare 2 carbs. ????? Those K&N style filters wouldn't be original?

Really neat to see this car, nice shape.

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
I was never really a fan of the 2000CS because of the front... until I saw this example. The color, contrast of the trim, clean bumpers without the rubber and even the white wall tires make this very desirable in my opinion.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Did anyone record the Mike Brewer presentation of the car by any chance? I'd be curious to hear what he said. He seemed to spend some time on the Hofmeister kink.

He's mentioned several times that he is a big BMW guy and used to be selling them many years ago. (And of course there is his old Wheeler Dealer piece on the CSL)

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Did anyone record the Mike Brewer presentation of the car by any chance? I'd be curious to hear what he said. He seemed to spend some time on the Hofmeister kink.

He's mentioned several times that he is a big BMW guy and used to be selling them many years ago. (And of course there is his old Wheeler Dealer piece on the CSL)

Ambitious flipper. Now $40K in Seattle. VIN is a match to the Auction car.

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks, y'all. My pics are from the Craigslisting ad (not the Phoenix car). When I get it home, I'll clean it up and take some proper pics. I couldn't wait to show it off, though...

#s matching car, original color, repainted a couple times, but essentially unmolested at 83, 540 miles. I've emailed BMW Archives but not heard back yet.

There is some rust of course, and only a thorough exam will tell the whole story, but we couldn't find anything terminal. Runs and drives nicely, no engine smoke and synchros are good in the Getrag. Suspension and brakes are tight and all the trim and wood is there (some interior pieces in boxes). Owner said I should not have had any trouble driving it 800 miles home... We decided against the adventure and are trailering it to Texas over Thanksgiving :)

Once I get it home and gone-through, I'll take some nice pics and post a formal introduction.

I'll say ahead of time, that I'm encouraged to read here of all the beautiful cars and fine folks who care for them. I look forward to meeting y'all and picking your brain about this unique car as I put a polish back on the old girl. Many thanks to Steve for guiding me through the inspection process... I know 2002s (not sure about "legendary" :) ), but Coupes are a new thing to me. Your "where they rust" course was invaluable.

I'll post again soon, right now I need to catch up on my Coupe Studies.... I'm up to the Chapter 2... "How to Cry Like a Man When the Paint Comes Off"

Ed Z

Last edited:

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks, Andrew, I'm glad to be here. I may take it to MidAmerica, even if Bo called it a "pig"....hmmmmph

Ed