1974 CSI in Hartford $100k

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
No one was talking about it when it was $125K

That's because $125K is pushing into concours territory and this car (while beautiful) still has a long way to go. I know it's somewhat of an apples to oranges comparison, but I think a good benchmark would be Alan's Coupe King CS that was listed for quite a while at $79K last year. The Malaga CSI is quite stunning on the outside, but Alan's interior is what an $80K+ car should look like IMO.

http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/threads/1974-fjord-and-tan-for-sale.23046/#post-169461

As far as the burl wood goes, I think the speaker delete looks decent. However, I couldn't stare at that seam in the burl veneer while driving. How difficult would it had been to procure another 18" of veneer. Once you see it you can't unsee it. :D

img_5617-jpg.28024

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Custom coupes, cars and houses are just that... smaller market than the general makes for longer sell times when you're asking for "all" the money.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
burl generally only comes in small flitches ... seams are inevitable. if you were to zoom in on the long dash piece, you will find more.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
burl generally only comes in small flitches ... seams are inevitable. if you were to zoom in on the long dash piece, you will find more.

That makes sense given how it naturally forms. One point against burl! :D I'm guessing on high end cars they take the veneer that was sliced directly above the other, so when you butt the seams the ends match.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That makes sense given how it naturally forms. One point against burl! :D I'm guessing on high end cars they take the veneer that was sliced directly above the other, so when you butt the seams the ends match.
exactly - bookmatched is the way to do it. this one is not bookmatched ... and that calls attention to the seam.

Eiremon

Site Donor $
Reaction score
That's because $125K is pushing into concours territory and this car (while beautiful) still has a long way to go. I know it's somewhat of an apples to oranges comparison, but I think a good benchmark would be Alan's Coupe King CS that was listed for quite a while at $79K last year. The Malaga CSI is quite stunning on the outside, but Alan's interior is what an $80K+ car should look like IMO.

http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/threads/1974-fjord-and-tan-for-sale.23046/#post-169461

Alan's car was listed at $85k and probably sold for under $80k considering it was listed for 2-3 months. Looking back on it now it was a pretty good buy at that price. Being a former CoupeKing car it gives an indication as to what a very nice used restoration goes for. I think the value of the car above is closer to $80k than it is to $100k. That said - it is very nice and Malaga is such a great color on these.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Alan's car was listed at $85k and probably sold for under $80k considering it was listed for 2-3 months. Looking back on it now it was a pretty good buy at that price. Being a former CoupeKing car it gives an indication as to what a very nice used restoration goes for. I think the value of the car above is closer to $80k than it is to $100k. That said - it is very nice and Malaga is such a great color on these.

Alan had it listed here for $79K OBO, per the link above. It was a great buy IMO!