1973 3.0CSI Turbo going on e bay

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
How does a turbo mounted that high up, close to the underside of the hood, and without any heat barrier blanket etc. not burn the paint off the hood and melt the plug wires?

The Ultimate Driving E9?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
no idea, but i bet it would be a hoot to drive. those wilwood brakes probably do a good job of stopping the car ... the price of those will set you back quite a few bucks alone. the cost of all the hardware vs. the sale price had to have been a significant loss.

decoupe

(deceased)
Reaction score
Currency Corrected

So $44,100 USD is almost $60,000 CND which sounds fair for both parties though I give the nod to the buyer if the car lives up to it's reputation for build quality and fun factor. I would have thought $50k US given the rise in prices recently - the mods being offset by non original status.

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
that's a lot of coupe for the money... if you want a hotrod E9 I can't imagine a better place to start

cartoonz

Reaction score
How does a turbo mounted that high up, close to the underside of the hood, and without any heat barrier blanket etc. not burn the paint off the hood and melt the plug wires?

I suspect that's what the big silver can around the hot end of the turbo is for...