1972 BMW 3.0CS Coupe

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
One family owned, all service records, looks clean, price sounds fair if underside is solid, it's in our Registry too.

Jamastaj33

Reaction score
e9 Mechanic

Im seriously considering this car, but I am real novice about cars. Is there someone in Los Angeles who you all recommend, where i could take this car to have looked mechanically to see if its worth the $$$.

I spoke to the dealer and he said it was running well and had no rust. He also said that weird bar was a CA only option, whatever that means

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Not a CA option for sure, not chromodora wheels they are stock FPS wheels, blue plate is from 72 so truly a CA survivor, looks clean. Someone in LA should be able to help, maybe Tom C? (Tomcolitt)

Bennett

Site Donor
Reaction score
I stooped by and took a quick look at this one over the weekend. No bad but I don't think it is worth the asking price. I think this dealer would go down to low $30's. They are a good outfit that sells decent cars for reasonable prices.

Brent

Reaction score
Im seriously considering this car, but I am real novice about cars. Is there someone in Los Angeles who you all recommend, where i could take this car to have looked mechanically to see if its worth the $$$.

I spoke to the dealer and he said it was running well and had no rust. He also said that weird bar was a CA only option, whatever that means

Just a thought. You could try asking the folks at 2002AD to pre-inspect the car. They deal in CS coupes from time to time and are LA based.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Avoid 2002AD unfortunately, they will list it on their site as if they own it. A friend of mine will look at it tomorrow and report back.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This coupe is the real deal and was purchased today by a friend here in Orange County. We went over it with a paint gauge and a magnet, crawled all over it, new owner drove it. It was bought as a one year old used car in 73 in Santa Monica for $11K and kept in the same family ever since, handed down from father to son. It has correct blue plates, reams of service records, all of the correct tools, a pristine original headliner, original interior with new leather on front seats, repainted once, shiny chrome everywhere, 66K original miles, etc.

A few years ago it might have been a $20-25K coupe but not any more, this is entry level for a sold chassis, driver quality paint (this one is better!) that just needs some cosmetics addressed like removing side rub strips and a 5 speed. Congrats to the new owner!

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The red one on the other hand

Looks a bit of a mess, even if Liberace owned it (with that color he might have), it's still not a reasonable asking price. IMHO

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
The car at Heritage Classics is almost a carbon copy of mine (before the prior owner painted it white and I started messing with it).