1971 Euro CSi on BaT--yes another one!

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
Speaking of 'moderation' - BaT went through and wiped a ton of comments off the auction as 'non-constructive' - Including those from some of the folks here....
I really don't get their deal. This is not the first time that has happened to an auction I have been following.
I am afraid it's very rarely anything to do with BAT, it's often the sellers friends all coming in, thinking they are being helpful and flagging the comments so they are removed. Not unusual and very see through unfortunately

Last edited:

JBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
I am afraid it's very rarely anything to do with BAT, its often the sellers friends all coming in and flagging the comments so they are removed. Not unusual and very see through
Except in this case it was all the comments that were “defending I guess?” me as the seller that were flagged and gone. Not the ones pointing out areas of concern on the car. Hmmmm interesting.
Then I woke up to everything flagged. And to demonstrate my integrity/ transparency I reached out directly to the auction manager and told him to please unflag ANY comment he sees as fit for this auction. And most comments are back on there. Ive never flagged a comment on BAT. Ive never phoned friends to aid in flagging comments on BAT. I don’t need censorship to sell a car.

What that comment thread turned into is ridiculous. Hence why Ive removed myself entirely aside from anything pertaining directly to the car.

Last edited:

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
Except in this case it was all the comments that were “defending I guess?” me as the seller that were flagged and gone. Not the ones pointing out areas of concern on the car. Hmmmm interesting.
Then I woke up to everything flagged. And to demonstrate my integrity/ transparency I reached out directly to the auction manager and told him to please unflag ANY comment he sees as fit for this auction. And most comments are back on there. Ive never flagged a comment on BAT. Ive never phoned friends to aid in flagging comments on BAT. I don’t need censorship to sell a car.

What that comment thread turned into is ridiculous. Hence why Ive removed myself entirely aside from anything pertaining directly to the car.

Well I guess I have learned something then, as I explained it's not an unusual occurrence and unfortunately one of the weaknesses I see on BAT that allows flagging of comments, normally done as described. My apologies for my wrong assumption in this case

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Yes - several of the comments are back up now (but not all - not as of this time anyway). If I recall correctly, this also happened with the auction from the 8-series guy... Alec something.... Comments there were taken down and then brought back.