1970 BMW 2800cs (So Cal)

LarryE9E10

Reaction score
My spider senses are tingling... Sure doesn't look like a 5K car. "Golly gee" seller knows nothing about it, offers no photographs of condition, but vaguely admits that some things aren't working. Hmm. Caveat emptor...

jmackro

Reaction score
My spider senses are tingling... Sure doesn't look like a 5K car. .... Caveat emptor...

It is a strangely worded ad. Another oddity: the photograph sure doesn't look like Temecula, which is pretty much a desert. Also the license plate on the truck behind the coupe doesn't look like a standard California plate (of course, some out-of-state truck could have parked behind him, or it could be a novelty plate, or ...). To my eye, the photo looks more like Oregon or Michigan than the Inland Empire.

00606_7C2i6p0RjML_600x450.jpg

Last edited:

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
"I recently had it up for $4500, but people were willing to pay more for it so I am raising the price for now."

So, why didn't he take the high offer. This makes no sense to me.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The prose still has that hint of Colonial British English. Especially the passage about the rust. And there are no commas. Operator, get me Nairobi Central.

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
It has to be bogus.

I recognize that picture and the car, mainly because of the blacked out beltline trim. It's been discussed here twice. A local dealer 'Speedsports' here in Portland picked up this car and cleaned it up a little including polishing out the beltline trim. I looked at it about a year ago for a friend of mine who was looking for a coupe. The front shock towers looked like they had a lot of work done on them. Anyway, I think the dealer told me he sold it to someone in Missouri around nine months ago.

http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/showthread.php?p=105984#post105984

InTheLou

Reaction score
Hey Guys. I'm the "guy in Missouri" who bought the car from SpeedSports. While I cant be sure from one picture, it does look like its mine before SS bought it. I even see to remember this photo from when the previous owner had put it up for sale.

floridabmx

Reaction score
SCAM. Found the pictures on google images and i called the number and it went to some VoIP Voicemail. Ad says "Do not call! text only!" :roll:

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
One way to report fraud

I found this on craigslist.org last night-Welcome to Texas! Actually I love this place but you have to wonder a little about a town that has its phone books plastered front and back, sides and in-between with ads for bail-bondsmen :)

Buyer beware!! 2000 BMW M5 Black - $6500

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
(google map) (yahoo map)

2000 Bmw m5 paint color : black fuel : gas transmission : manual title status : parts only

Buyer beware, there is a dealer in the Austin area selling a black 2000 bmw m5 for $6500. The car has been wrecked and has been welded on the driver side apron. Whole front end is crashed. Vanos noise which he stated saying no. This guy is a liar and a rip off, I asked him the basic questions before I went to look at it and he lied the whole time. Only me wasting my time and day. Not worth looking at, he always has an excuse. "Oh I didn't see that" Excessive leaks and don't be surprised when you get there that the engine bay has been sprayed down to hide the leaks. You've been warned. Stay away from this guy and save your time. Located in Bastrop tx.