1973 3.0CSI Turbo going on e bay

uwulff

Reaction score
I plan on putting my 1973 3.0cs Turbo for sale in February. I have thought long and hard about this and think it’s time to let someone else enjoy what I have for the past 16 years. There are a number of people over the years that have asked me to contact them when I decide to let her go, so to be fair to all, I will put her on Ebay and let everyone have a fair shot at owning one of the best, tastefully modified, E9s.
I have kept notes of all that has been upgraded on this 1973 3.0CS Vin. No. 2240751 since 1979, that’s when it was purchased by a personal friend of mine, who owned a European race prepped equipment and automobile repair-restoration shop. This was one of his five personal cars and in 1999 he sold this one to me.
In my 16 years of ownership I have continued to make this car what he started, a modified 3.0CSI and always respected his opinion with every change that was performed. The car is located in Ontario Canada, stored in heated garage, no winter driving, and only driven in rain three times in 36 years.
Sample of some pictures and you tube videos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CInxBW6GT4
http://ca.autoblog.com/photos/tedfest-2013-classic-bmw-show/full/
http://youtu.be/Kf5sWaEevPw
http://youtu.be/q24kBy86TLM
My e mail is open for any questions you may have.
[email protected]

Attachments

• 33333333333333333333.jpg
    33333333333333333333.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:

uwulff

Reaction score
1973 BMW 3.0csi Turbo Up Grades

Engine.
Turbo System designed by Callaway. Includes, T-4 Turbo, 40mm adjustable waste gate and blow of valve. Forged pistons. MTL head gasket, APR head studs, ported, blue printed and balanced. MS- Engine Management System, with lap top controllable ECU. Edi-direct fire 6 pack coil and crank sensor with 43lb injectors. S.S Header. S.S Teflon braded hoses to air intercooler, with S.S, cold air intake, with Mann air filter. S.S heat shield. R-34 AC system with 2003 pump, condenser, large fan, dryer, and hoses. Custom 304 S.S 3 inch mandrel bend, tig welded exhaust. Borla 304 S.S ZR1 muffler. Oil cool down pump with adjustable electric off timer. Oil cooler with temperature by pass. Triple core Radiator with over flow tank. AC Delco 110 amp alternator. Custom screw on high capacity oil filter system. New style nine blade radiator fan.
Transmission and Drive Train.
5 speed conversion, Centerforce Dual friction clutch.M-6 gimbo, Differential has 365 gears. Dinan coils, one inch drop. Front and rear Dinan torsion bars,25mm and 22mm respectively.Bilstien gas shocks Custom Aluminum and S.S strut brace, upper and lower. Custom short shifter kit.
Body and Brakes
Jeff Ireland, Wilwood big brake kit with 850 hubs and Zimmerman cross-drilled rotors.Bmw- M- 5 forged aluminum 17x8 rims. Yokohama S Drive 215-45-17 front, 245-45-17 back. Front custom air dam, with ducts to turbo intercooler, oil cooler and front brakes. Dry cell battery, moved to trunk with shut off under the hood. Fenders rolled.
Interior up Grades
AM-FM-CD Alpine SPR-69c Type-R speakers x 4, MTX-TC4002 amps x 2 and MTX 600 RMS sub speaker. New leather for front seats. Leather MoMo Myster steering wheel. Vido gauges, oil temp, oil pressure, Amp, Boost PSI. Autometer 02. Car alarm, AC digital temperature control unit, with temp read out. Aluminum shift knob, hand brake, gas, clutch, and brake peddles.

gary bellamy

Reaction score
Re Uwe's Turbo

Shame to see you selling Uwe. Who ever buy's this car is getting a whole lot of fun. Hope it makes it's way back to Tedfest in June. GLWS

Gary

86 M535I

TodB

Reaction score
Thanks for the details, I have always admired your car.

Any HP or torque #s? Were there any other chassis "refinements" done to compensate for the power increase?

Last edited:

duane_sword

Reaction score
It is a stunning and unique coupe

Uwe I am sorry to see that you are letting go of your fine coupe.

I remember seeing it ~3 years ago when I attended TedFest in Toronto.

Impressive and high quality build.

Sure hope the new owner is here in the US; preferably on the East Coast to add to our growing flock for the Nor'E9 Coupe crew.

Success with your sale - hold your ground on your reserve.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have seen it too. Beautifully crafted under the hood. GLWS.

Ed G

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for the details, I have always admire your car.

Any HP or torque #s? Were there any other chassis "refinements" done to compensate for the power increase?

Ditto,ditto, and ditto. I think many here would love to know how many ponies at what boost pressure your M30 is now capable of.

I predict an offer you can't refuse before it hits da bay.

uwulff

Reaction score
3.0csi Dynamoneter Run

As far as reinforcement, just have upper strut bar and lower brace that is bolted to the towing hooks but is 2.5 inch wide, 3/8 thick aluminum.
Dyno run was on an outdoor Dyno, no fan, 86 degrees. 475 ftlb 336 hp @ 14psi I feel that it is close to accurate but on cool mornings you feel it pulls a lot harder, puts you back in your seat. In saying that I have never driven this car like a HOT ROD, no burn outs,1/4 mile beat on it stuff, but enjoy highway passing speeds and on ramp blow you by Mr. Corvette. I think this why I have had no issues with structural break downs, I treat her with respect.

Attachments

• 1973 3.0sci Turbo  run 001.jpg
    1973 3.0sci Turbo run 001.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:

TodB

Reaction score
Wow, great #s. That particular Dyno model tend to be understated also. I could tell from the vids that its got some scoot to it.

Just make sure you REALLY want to sell it. You will miss it!

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I think it's great that you foot-noted our site on the eBay auction, if made more prominent it might help others to check with the experts here when considering one of these cars for purchase, after all, part of it is about helping perspective owners get the right car at the right price with "properly managed expectations" :) And that is truly a unique e9 presented with some VERY attractive "options" :)

Can't wait to see your next car!

uwulff

Reaction score
Turbo back on ebay

Had to revise add e bay, wouldn’t let me change a couple things. I am first time seller on site.I apologies for the screw up.
Regards,
Uwe

twistinglane

Site Donor
Reaction score
Ebay page says "unsold". High bid was $44k.
If you were on the fence about bidding, I'd say contact uwulff...

Last edited: