WTB: Speedo drive gear G265

careysd

Reaction score
Just a boost to get people thinking~

Or is there another model that I can get one from besides the big-six 4-speeds? (e.g. e21 4-speed, Volvo?)

Last edited:

careysd

Reaction score
Thank you both for your replies. I didn't think to look at RealOEM, which is strange since I do it for everything else.

Oranger, could you please elaborate on the extractor? Are you speaking of a gear puller type device? I'm afraid I am going to have to search the yards for one of these since nobody seems to have one for sale. I am converting from and automatic, by the way, hence the need for a drive gear.

EDIT: Ahh, never mind, I see be your photos what you are talking about. Is there another method for removal?

Thanks,

Scott C.

x_atlas0

Reaction score
I had to move the speedo drive from my 4 speed when I switched to a 265. I needed no such extractor, just a curved pick, like what a dentist uses. I was able to use that to pull the whole assembly out with a minimum of fuss.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I used a 8 lb maul to get everything loosened up and a coathanger to pick the gear out.

:p

careysd

Reaction score
Still looking...

Found a245 (or is it a 240) out of an '80 e21. Pulled it all apart to find that the drive is behind the main output bearing. Tried beating on it, separating the case. Nada. Zero. Zilch. No luck... Maybe the 5lb. hammer wasn't weighty enough.

Last edited: