Zenith Inat 35/40 Carb wanted

pavichm

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi all. One of my zenith carburetors on my 1970 2800 has been giving me fits. I have rebuilt it a couple times but it keeps flooding out. The plunger keeps sticking. Not sure if there is something wrong with the bore. I'm done with it and would like to see if I can just purchase a good running Zenith Carburetor from somebody. Please let me know if you had a good working unit. Thank you.

Attachments

• 0715221753a_HDR.jpg
    0715221753a_HDR.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 44

pavichm

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi all. One of my zenith carburetors on my 1970 2800 has been giving me fits. I have rebuilt it a couple times but it keeps flooding out. The plunger keeps sticking. Not sure if there is something wrong with the bore. I'm done with it and would like to see if I can just purchase a good running Zenith Carburetor from somebody. Please let me know if you had a good working unit. Thank you.
Here's a YouTube video of the carbs

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hello, I have a set of carburetor that is came from my 1971 2800cs I take it of and install 3 Weber deco 40 but I never use them when I buy the car car wasn't running if you want them let me know

pavichm

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi. I have it figured out. It was my secondary that was stuck open and flooding the carburetor throat on my rear carburetor. I have to check / change the vacuum diaphragm on that unit.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi. I have it figured out. It was my secondary that was stuck open and flooding the carburetor throat on my rear carburetor. I have to check / change the vacuum diaphragm on that unit.
IMHO

i doubt the diaphragm does that, but it is worth a check of course

if it does not return, it is more likely to be the big spring, that is there inside the bowl
pay attention to the tension in the linkage that moves the butterfly in the secondary
make sure that you set correctly the linkage for an smooth operation, there is a micro rod that protrudes the blocking lever

good luck

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
I had a flooding issue after I rebuilt my Zeniths. I had read that the needle valves in the rebuild kits aren't of the same quality as the OEM ones so I reinstalled the original ones. I'm sure they were original because these carbs still had the original leather accelerator pump seals, which I was able to replace.

Anyway, the flooding issue turned out to be that the float was hanging up on the gasket between the carb body and top. It intruded just a bit far into the float chamber and the float couldn't rise up and push the needle to close off the flow of gas, which would overflood the carb. Your problem doesn't seem quite the same, but I'd check your gaskets to be sure that can't happen.