WTB: Silver or Blue 3.0CS $25k. Live in Vegas

Jimbodawg

Reaction score
Hi, please let me know if you are interested in selling. I would prefer to buy from a forum member. Most classified ads from other sites seem sketchy to say the least.

Thank You!
Jimbodawg

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
you are late to the party with a $25k purchase. they are out there, with many lookers.
Steve in Reno is right. Be careful. You will be gambling on a $25k Coupe. Pun intended. Good luck with your search. Steve in PA. And yes, gambling has come here too.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Any thought on this? It looks like the rear is completely torn up behind the seats!

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/bmw/3-0cs/2153133.html

Completely redoing the rear parcel shelf is a relatively easy project. What should be more worrisome is the installation of a massive stereo system below that shelf in the trunk. In addition to the usual inspection for rust and mechanical condition you would do on any e9, look carefully at the stereo install.

In my car, the massive stereo system was wired through fuse number one. The clown who installed it pulled the five amp fuse and installed a forty amp fuse in its place. Thus, when the owner blasted her tunes, the fuse block melted at the site of fuse number one. And when she used the lights and/or blinkers while blasting her tunes, the wiring for the lights melted near the fuse block, and the plastic surrounding the bulb holders along with the wiring near the lights melted, both in the front and rear of the car. There is no cookbook for fixing this type of damage; you need to apply a basic understanding of electrical circuits, test, repair and test again. And much of this work is done underneath the dash with the floor sill jabbing you in the back. It is a pain in the ass if you do it yourself, and I suspect it would have cost at least $5k to pay a professional to fix my car.

floridabmx

Reaction score
The only downfall is the roof has some rust bubbles but still a nice car overall. The fact it’s a sunroof car and the inner fenders are in the shape they’re in says a lot for its condition.

Attachments

• AD911B0C-F6A0-4357-BF87-F05B509B6D23.jpeg
    AD911B0C-F6A0-4357-BF87-F05B509B6D23.jpeg
    565.2 KB · Views: 302

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
The only downfall is the roof has some rust bubbles but still a nice car overall. The fact it’s a sunroof car and the inner fenders are in the shape they’re in says a lot for its condition.

Always wondered why E9s rust on the roof like that. Does water collect there?

Luckily, my SR car doesn't have that kind of rust (that I can currently see).

floridabmx

Reaction score
Here in Florida I always say cars rust from the outside in. The sun burns the paint off then the everyday rain and humidity settles in. Seen some cars that the underside looked like it sat in a litter box it’s entire life and the top side looks like someone dumped acid all over it

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
B35 motor?
Strange headers with 4 long downpipes.
Lotsa water seems to have gotten to that spare tire well.
Some really nasty looking patches on the front floorboards.
Buyer beware! If BH only asks for $20k, there is a real good reason for it.

Jimbodawg

Reaction score
Thanks for the insight, everyone!

I’ve had some strange responses from private messages here. One person wanted $85k and the only photos he would give were from another website taken 12 years ago!
Needless to say I stopped communicating with any red flags!
Oi yoi yoi