WTB: RH Front CSL arch trim

nosmonkey

In Rust We Trust
Site Donor
Reaction score
Thought I'd ask on here before I bite the bullet and buy new. Anyone have a good used right hand front stainless csl arch trim they'd be willing to part with?

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Not sure you can get the original ones new. I recently had to source an original set for my CSL and it was quite difficult.

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I don't think they are the original ones though with the sharp creases, as opposed to the later re-makes with the smooth contour. There's an entire thread on here somewhere.

Wladek

Reaction score
As far as i know W&N have OEM arches trims.
Before they change photo's view on their website (for single photo view) - on multi photo's view, genuine BMW black stickers with OEM numbers where showed with arches trims on W&N.
If you want to be 100% sure - you can always sent them an e-mail & ask if they still have OEM, after day or two Mr. Walloth or Mr. Nesch will reply for sure.

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I know a guy who purchased a set from them and they don’t fit right or look OEM to a genuine set !!!

Paul Baker

Site Donor
Reaction score
BEWARE.... We recently purchased two sets directly from BMW UK (with the exception of the NS front which is NLA) exactly as they sell on Walloth, I double checked the quality and I was told that they are exactly as the originals and must admit they look very good on the edge profile, Keshav is correct. However they don't actually fit like the originals do! When fitted to the arch lip they sit too high on the wings (fenders)/quarter panels and are also too long so drop below the sill cover level or swage line behind the wheel. I believe the new ones are stainless steel so i am hoping to trim them to match the 1970's originals but as they were expensive (as would expect from BMW) it is another job that we shouldn't be having to do.
So to sum it up, I believe there are actually 4 types of CSL arch trims: original early ones which I believe were brass and chrome plated (now very expensive if you can find a good set), also period BMW stainless steel ones fitted on the later CSL's and probably sold as options, the aftermarket versions that are probably a 1980's add on and then the new new BMW OEM ones that don't fit.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Paul. This is the first time someone has made a real/ hands on comparison.
Not the best news........ unfortunately, the only verification is after an expensive purchase.
Paul, if you cold please post some pics of the fitting issues, will be of great help for those planning to buy.
Thanks
Keshav

Last edited:

nosmonkey

In Rust We Trust
Site Donor
Reaction score
BEWARE.... We recently purchased two sets directly from BMW UK (with the exception of the NS front which is NLA) exactly as they sell on Walloth, I double checked the quality and I was told that they are exactly as the originals and must admit they look very good on the edge profile, Keshav is correct. However they don't actually fit like the originals do! When fitted to the arch lip they sit too high on the wings (fenders)/quarter panels and are also too long so drop below the sill cover level or swage line behind the wheel. I believe the new ones are stainless steel so i am hoping to trim them to match the 1970's originals but as they were expensive (as would expect from BMW) it is another job that we shouldn't be having to do.
So to sum it up, I believe there are actually 4 types of CSL arch trims: original early ones which I believe were brass and chrome plated (now very expensive if you can find a good set), also period BMW stainless steel ones fitted on the later CSL's and probably sold as options, the aftermarket versions that are probably a 1980's add on and then the new new BMW OEM ones that don't fit.

Not great, I've ordered one now from BMW which came in at £230. Arriving next week as they're out of stock in the UK. Guess i'l;l have to bust out some tools and make them fit.

Shame, as you say they aren't the cheapest of things!

Paul Baker

Site Donor
Reaction score
Came today, I tried it on a good condition and straight sandblasted wing. Fitted up perfectly and were the right length? Perhaps a bad batch you received @Paul Baker
Oh really. I'd better check the second set then as could be a rogue batch, luckily i have a pair of brand new rear quarter panels and front wings - and before anyone asks they are NOT FOR SALE.

nosmonkey

In Rust We Trust
Site Donor
Reaction score
Oh really. I'd better check the second set then as could be a rogue batch, luckily i have a pair of brand new rear quarter panels and front wings - and before anyone asks they are NOT FOR SALE.

Give them a go and let me know how you get on, they seem to match up the the original I have for the other side. I'll try and take some photos later on for reference.

Paul Baker

Site Donor
Reaction score
Where did you locate and buy a pair of front wings for a E9 from ???
I got offered a pair of front fenders for what I thought was a very high price and I thought I was stupid when I agreed and bought them, not now!

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I got offered a pair of front fenders for what I thought was a very high price and I thought I was stupid when I agreed and bought them, not now!

You made the right decision in buying them !!!

Am praying you will start fabricating them and start selling top quality wings !!!!