WTB: RH Front CSL arch trim

Paul Baker

Site Donor
Reaction score
Came today, I tried it on a good condition and straight sandblasted wing. Fitted up perfectly and were the right length? Perhaps a bad batch you received @Paul Baker
Oh really. I'd better check the second set then as could be a rogue batch, luckily i have a pair of brand new rear quarter panels and front wings - and before anyone asks they are NOT FOR SALE.
You made the right decision in buying them !!!

Am praying you will start fabricating them and start selling top quality wings !!!!

No chance I will start making them, they have far too much labour involved to make enough money to cover it. I know of several people who have investigated getting tooling made to start production of the front fenders but the cost is pretty huge. To commit to the expensive is very risky if suddenly BMW start producing them again.

Paul Baker

Site Donor
Reaction score
Well I finally managed to find a spare hour today to get a brand new BMW rear quarter panel/ rear fender (label with part number is shown) out of my store and trial fit the new BMW stainless steel wheel arch trim and compare to an original period correct trim. The original trim and the new trim show the same BMW part number, I have one new set which was purchased from BMW UK and one from Walloth and both are the same as the new trim in this test.
I have tried to take photos to show the difference between the trims, I chose the N/S rear arch but all new trims are the same. They were not drilled and riveted on but simple spring clamps held them in the correct positions and neither trim was under any stress.
The points that the pictures show:

The new trims are much deeper/wider (approx 7.5 mm) than the originals so when they are fitted they actually sit above the natural swage line in the quarter/fender which is shown by the marked colour lines on the masking tape. When fitted in the correct positions in line with the swage on the panel one end will sit too low as it is longer around the circumference, it is hard to show this in the photos.
The vertical face (image 18) of the trims are also different as the original is fairly square but the new ones are more rounded, again hard to show with a picture. This would be acceptable if they fitted perfectly out of the packet.

I am led to believe that the new trims are stainless steel (I want to confirm the grade of this with BMW or by testing) so they could be trimmed to suit a vehicle but i felt it was worth sharing my findings as buyers may be expecting an instant and easy fit.

Hopefully this helps someone.

Arch trim differences (1).jpg
Arch trim differences (2).jpg
Arch trim differences (3).jpg
Arch trim differences (4).jpg
Arch trim differences (5).jpg
Arch trim differences (6).jpg
Arch trim differences (7).jpg
Arch trim differences (8).jpg
Arch trim differences (9).jpg
Arch trim differences (10).jpg
Arch trim differences (11).jpg
Arch trim differences (12).jpg
Arch trim differences (13).jpg
Arch trim differences (14).jpg
Arch trim differences (15).jpg
Arch trim differences (16).jpg
Arch trim differences (17).jpg
Arch trim differences (18).jpg

nosmonkey

In Rust We Trust
Site Donor
Reaction score
Interesting findings Paul, i've not tried any new rear ones as I had no need, but will give my fronts a double check tonight

Paul Baker

Site Donor
Reaction score
I checked my old original ones & they are 47mm wide.
Thanks @Wladek that's what I was hoping to find out, we checked 2 old original sets and they were very similar but that pretty much confirms the new ones are too wide. Any you can measure @Keshav or @daddywad as I think your set was a really nice original set.