WTB or trade lower dash part

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
I am looking for the lower dash part, the full width piece just below the shelf
I am looking for one for an 1972, it has the hazard button recess in it
I am looking for one with a few issues that needs to be recovered
I have one without the button that needs recovering that I would trade, or I will buy
Might (TBD) have a nice one with the button that I would trade for the so, so one plus some $

chapa

Reaction score
Not entirely sure I understand what part you're looking for.

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
I am looking for the lower of the 3 main vinyl dashboard parts

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=3435-USA-03-1972-E9-BMW-30CS&diagId=51_3463

In the diagram, part 4 or 5, "Trim panel dashboard"
I don't know why one has a wider center counsel cutout

for a 1972, with AC (not sure if that is important) and the hazard button built in

I have a perfect one I bought from someone here, but I have decided I need to recover all 3 parts to get them to match I don't think I should 'waste' a perfect one if I don't need to, so looking for one in so, so condition

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Mark,

this piece is sometimes called the "grab" rail. i think i have one. let me look tonight to see what the condition is. i'm pretty sure i have one from a 2800cs, which doesn't have the 4 way flasher switch in it, and one that does.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Mark,

this piece is sometimes called the "grab" rail. i think i have one. let me look tonight to see what the condition is. i'm pretty sure i have one from a 2800cs, which doesn't have the 4 way flasher switch in it, and one that does.

You know you have a lot of extra parts when you 'might' have two 5' dashboard parts floating around your storage area. :)

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Scott,
I have one if iffy condition without the hazard button
I am looking for one that has the button
Just Dashs said they could add the button indent but it was quite a bit extra $

chapa

Reaction score
I THINK I have what you're looking for. Email for pics. [email protected] It would be inexpensive. One has to assume the wider cutout is for the AC version.

jim

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
You know you have a lot of extra parts when you 'might' have two 5' dashboard parts floating around your storage area. :)
yes Mark, i have a lot of spare parts for our coupes ... and i have sent a lot of nice parts to people for a very reasonable cost. i don't have any body parts, i have a lot of spare trim + electrical parts. its not about making money now or in the future ... its about getting the best old / original parts as i can find for my coupe ... and having spares in case something gets broken / damaged.

BTW - Mark, i do have a spare panel with the hole for the 4 way flasher switch. PO tried to recover it ... so that needs to be removed

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
yes Mark, i have a lot of spare parts for our coupes ... and i have sent a lot of nice parts to people for a very reasonable cost. i don't have any body parts, i have a lot of spare trim + electrical parts. its not about making money now or in the future ... its about getting the best old / original parts as i can find for my coupe ... and having spares in case something gets broken / damaged.

Thanks I hope you didn't take my comment the wrong way. You have sent me several excellent parts for a very fair price. I'm in the same boat with respect to extra parts.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks I hope you didn't take my comment the wrong way. You have sent me several excellent parts for a very fair price. I'm in the same boat with respect to extra parts.
no worries Mark, i thought your comment was humorous ... i laughed
cheers ...