WTB: LHD 3.0CSL

mpower3330

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm hunting for a LHD 3.0CSL. Please message me if you've heard of anything. Anything continental US.

Thank you

speedracer

Reaction score
Hi Ron,
I am looking for a super clean 3.0CSL. Please forward me details on the Coupes you know 4-sale - I have CASH in hand!

Attachments

• P1000004 - Copy.JPG
    P1000004 - Copy.JPG
    6.1 MB · Views: 133

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
@speedracer and mpower3330.
Would be fantastic if you gentlemen share your findings with us (CSL) owners.
Obviously large differences in prices between the 4 CSL models and their respective condition.

RogerB

Reaction score
Hagerty's current value for a 1972 Base CSL:

Current & Historical Values
View current vehicle values and see how they’ve changed over time in 3-year, 5-year and to-date intervals. Compare these values to other vehicles and benchmark financial indices.
Current Values
  • #1 Concours$343,000
    Condition #1 vehicles are the best in the world. The visual image is of the best vehicle, in the right colors, driving onto the lawn at the finest concours. Perfectly clean, the vehicle has been groomed down to the tire treads. Painted and chromed surfaces are mirror-like. Dust and dirt are banned, and materials used are correct and superbly fitted. The one word description for #1 vehicles is "concours."
  • #2 Excellent$265,000
    #2 vehicles could win a local or regional show. They can be former #1 vehicles that have been driven or have aged. Seasoned observers will have to look closely for flaws, but will be able to find some not seen by the general public. The paint, chrome, glass and finishes will all appear as excellent. No excessive smoke will be seen on startup, no unusual noises will emanate from the engine. The vehicle will drive as a new vehicle of its era would. The one word description for #2 vehicles is "excellent."
  • #3 Good$191,000
    #3 vehicles could possess some, but not all of the issues of a #4 vehicle, but they will be balanced by other factors such as a fresh paint job or a new, correct interior where applicable. #3 vehicles drive and run well, but might have some incorrect parts. These vehicles are not used for daily transportation but are ready for a long tour without excuses, and the casual passerby will not find any visual flaws. "Good" is the one word description of a #3 vehicle.
  • #4 Fair$155,000

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Would Hagerty actually distinguish beteween the 4 CSL models and the respective years? Maybe so if the prices between 72 and 73 differ.
I think so. A 73 is valued by them at 198k for a No.2 car, versus 265k for a 72. So one most likely refers to injected, and the higher price goes to the more rare carb CSL. If you are comparing two LHD fuel injected non-BAT CSLs, the prices should be similar for cars in the same condition, whether they be called a 72 or 73 0r 74 (since a lot of cars went unsold, so a car built in late 72 might be registered as a 74).

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Would Hagerty actually distinguish beteween the 4 CSL models and the respective years? Maybe so if the prices between 72 and 73 differ.

They distinguish between 4 versions based on values; Carb'd, Injected, and two Bat Series... I worked with them a few years ago to get the Car'd cars broken out from the Injected ones and I noticed they've recently split them out again. They now have 71 and 72 Carb'd, 72 and 73 Injected and then 3 years of Injected Bats; 73, 74 and 75 but they only differentiate values by the engine displacement on the Bats. One of these days the Car'b cars will catch those Bats!