WTB: Hood rubber seal, chrome side grill wings and 5-pin window switches

guanshee

Reaction score
I need the complete hood rubber seal for my 3.0csi and need the window switches. Hopefully, someone here can help out.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
there are 3 long seals under the hood, which do you need? there is the one at the hinge point of the hood. there is the one at the back edge of the engine bay / firewall (has the kinks at either end) and then there is the one that wraps around in front of the windshield.

it is hard to find most of these as used pieces ... w+n sells all 3 of them new (prices in euro plus shipping)

body 41/15

11 A51711810529 rubber seal under hood front 29.66
17 A51715780175 rear engine compartment rubber seal 41.13
18 A51711810531 engine compartment rubber seal (firewall) 28.53

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
although the thread title says he needs 5 pin window switches ... so i assume his coupe is very late '73+ ... but that would be worth verifying so he gets the right switches.

guanshee

Reaction score
Thanks for the info on the chrome side grills but I had the black ones that were old and snapped so am definitely looking for chromed ones. As for the switches I do have the 73+ model as it has the 5-pin switches that are more expensive.

As for the hood seals, I need all 3 as the old ones were all cracked.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
you can price the seals with USA dealers (take the A off of the part number) and you will see what it costs to buy them here - check with getbmwparts.com. shipping from W+N is 49 euro ... so you have to save a lot to go that route ... or join in with others to share the love.