WTB: Headlight Grilles Left and Right

seh1

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looking for headlight grilles in good to excellent or new condition. With the chrome trim as they came from the factory. Thanks

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
oops - double post again. i may have one - will have to verify which side, i may also have the other side but if i do, the chrome is screwed up

seh1

Site Donor
Reaction score
Location added. The primary problem I'm trying to remedy is screwed up chrome; my grilles are OK. But expecting to have to buy full sets given they came as one. Hoping someone out there has a nice set.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
you can remove the chrome and have it refinished. i think it is actually polished aluminum, not chrome. speedway in santa ana would be a good group to send the metal to. they polish and ceramic coat. i do have a passenger side, but i think you can still buy that part new. not sure that BMW has made the drivers side available yet - m5bb (Gary) has been trying to get a new one for quite a while ... not sure that he has yet.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
that is a very fair price for a set of grilles ... i have seen them sell for 75 to 100 each. new according to getbmwparts.com is 369 each (discounted from 460 each)

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
you can remove the chrome and have it refinished. i think it is actually polished aluminum, not chrome. speedway in santa ana would be a good group to send the metal to. they polish and ceramic coat. i do have a passenger side, but i think you can still buy that part new. not sure that BMW has made the drivers side available yet - m5bb (Gary) has been trying to get a new one for quite a while ... not sure that he has yet.

I have a new drivers side grill that I purchased new from BMW 4 years ago. It was about $225 then. I have been told at least twice every year for the last 4 years by BMW Classic that more will be made.
Was supposed to have a new passenger side this last month. Now they say the 2nd quarter of 2017.
I'll believe it when I see it.
If anyone wants to buy these new I suggest you call your dealer and place an order for them. I have had a standing order for the last 4 years. It never gets cancelled and never listed as NLA.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have a new drivers side grill that I purchased new from BMW 4 years ago. It was about $225 then. I have been told at least twice every year for the last 4 years by BMW Classic that more will be made.
Was supposed to have a new passenger side this last month. Now they say the 2nd quarter of 2017.
I'll believe it when I see it.
If anyone wants to buy these new I suggest you call your dealer and place an order for them. I have had a standing order for the last 4 years. It never gets cancelled and never listed as NLA.
Gary - i thought you needed a drivers side. i have a spare passenger side - very good shape, just needs the metal polished. call me

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
400 euro for both sides and a center isn't horrible. it would be more tolerable if it were a silver center, not a black plastic center. round numbers for this auction holds = 100 / side + 200 / center ... but then again, a very good to excellent silver center grille is 250 to 350 bucks ... or more as time goes by. if you think that speedway charges 200 bucks to polish one and you spend 200 to 250 to buy one (that needs work) ... then top of the market is 400 to 450 for a perfect silver center grille.