WTB genuine CSL 380 Petri and hub in excellent/mint condition

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Dan,

i don't know of a 38cm for sale right now ... but i do know of a very nice 40cm (not mine) that will probably be coming up very soon.

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I realize a genuine 380 CSL Petri is going to be much more expensive than a regular Petri, but that would be my first choice. Failing that, a regular 380 Petri with correct hub and horn that has been wrapped, or that I could have wrapped, would be my second choice.

Having said that, I am open to having several wheels! Please pm me or email me about the mint 400 Petri that is coming up for sale?
Cheers!
Dan

[email protected]

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have now bought a very nice 380 mm Petri for my coupe. Many thanks to those that contacted me with advice and offerings!

Cheers!
Dan

11018dm1.jpg

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Several people have been asking me how much I paid for the 380mm Petri, as a point of reference. I paid $1,000, and I am very pleased with that. I was offered several in much worse condition from $700 and up. For me, the difference between a ratty wheel at $700 and a virtually mint wheel at $1,000 was a very easy decision.

Some have said I bought it reasonably well, one person says I paid $150 too much....bottom line is that I am delighted with my purchase and really appreciate all the advice I got behind the scenes.

Thanks again!
Dan

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
C245F1C5-3C6C-496A-A67C-A0FB9EA004F1.jpeg
39C1FCA7-D25B-4AB7-A568-D29C7B8975B1.jpeg
Great buy! The price you paid is right in the neighborhood for a mint 38 Petri (foam) with the corrrect hub/plastic shroud ($1000-$1200}. If the same condition wheel comes with the “incorrect” 2002 hub, then I would say $750. The last 3 digits of the part # for the correct e3/e9 is 738. Disregard the “1” at the end. CSL hub is a 244.

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have now received the 38cm Petri steering wheel I bought from list member JohnP_02, and I am delighted with my purchase!

Although my flasher cancel ring has not arrived from Turner Motorsports yet, I went ahead and installed the wheel and it could not have been a more straightforward operation. As mentioned above, the hub is from a 2002, although I believe the cover is E9, so once in place it is impossible to tell that there isn't an E9 hub beneath the wheel. I think it looks great!

Thanks again JohnP_02!

11918dm2.jpg
11918dm1.jpg

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
looks great Dan. the only difference in the 02 hub and the e9 hub is the horn ring vs. the horn button. the rest of the hub is exactly the same. in regard to the turn signal cancellation tab, you should be able to remove the one from your other wheel and put it on the petri.

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
looks great Dan. the only difference in the 02 hub and the e9 hub is the horn ring vs. the horn button. the rest of the hub is exactly the same. in regard to the turn signal cancellation tab, you should be able to remove the one from your other wheel and put it on the petri.

Thanks Scott. I simply transferred the old horn ring from the old hub to the wheel using double sided tape, and it worked like a charm.

Unfortunately neither of my other wheels ever had the turn signal cancel tab, but the new one is due in any time.

Cheers!
Dan

JohnP_02

Reaction score
I have now received the 38cm Petri steering wheel I bought from list member JohnP_02, and I am delighted with my purchase!

Although my flasher cancel ring has not arrived from Turner Motorsports yet, I went ahead and installed the wheel and it could not have been a more straightforward operation. As mentioned above, the hub is from a 2002, although I believe the cover is E9, so once in place it is impossible to tell that there isn't an E9 hub beneath the wheel. I think it looks great!

Thanks again JohnP_02!

View attachment 39372 View attachment 39373

I am thrilled you like it, Dan. It looks fantastic in your coupe.

Best, John

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
uhmm .... ehrrr .... Markos, i have a question, how are you sure one of these is for a 2002? they all have horn rings on them.

Regarding the picture of the three hubs, it was intentionally taken by a forum member to highlight the differences between the three. The shortest three rib hub is for a 2002. I didn’t arrive at that difference myself. That is the observation from a more knowledgeable members. The part numbers are on the hub and they will confirm.

Anyway, If you look closely at the hub the brass ring is about 3x as thick as the true petri ring. Also, it is flat where the petri ring has an arc to it. The petri brass ring snaps into the plastic base with three brass tabs. I honestly didn’t even notice the horn ring but Keshav pointed it out.

7DD0EFC5-CB94-4865-A269-185FC0E56251.jpeg