WTB Floor replacements

jmackro

Reaction score
hello everyone I’m looking for floor replacements for my CSi . Has anyone’s used these? I’m looking for fronts and rears thanks! http://www.dagsites.com/e9_floor_pans/

I used Mike Pelly 's floor replacement panels in the restoration of my coupe. My bodyman did the installation and reported that they went in smoothly.

Mike is a well-known enthusiast and restorer of coupes and 2002's here in Orange County. I would suggest that you use the contact information on his website to reach him to discuss any questions about these panels.

Last edited:

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
From the photograph it appears these have more correct detailing than the pans available from W&N which I used for my E9 restoration! Prices are higher than W&N but I had to make my special very expensive die, used with 20 ton press to be able to make the missing details in the W&N floors !
I posted the photos of my patch pieces when Marco pointed me to the Polish Manufacture of the complete pan for left and right side which includes the front and back into one ! So rather than 4 price you would use 2 pieces when repacking complete floor. A lot less welding and nice ( more seamless) results .
Cheers!

Last edited:

floridabmx

Reaction score
Rear pans from w&n fit like a dream. Fronts are basically just for the drain stamp and what’s flat. If you need the part where it angles etc with the trans mounts get it from dag sites.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i think it depends on what you need. if you need both the front and rear on the same side ... then the full piece makes a lot of sense ... otherwise you have to make the piece that goes between the two W+N pieces

floridabmx

Reaction score
The W&N pans are long enough that you can butt weld them together without making a piece in between. The one piece pan would be ideal but you will pay for it compared to W&N.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
according to a couple of body guys that i have spoken to recently ... they don't agree with you. and they have done it both ways ... with just the w+n parts and with the full floor pieces. you should touch base with Tony Dreamer, i think he also has first hand experience with this discussion.

floridabmx

Reaction score
I did it. Guess it all depends on how much you need to cut out at the fire wall.

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
The fire wall section should not be an issue if you use piece from W&N for the front . The W&N back pieces are not quiet right! My experience same as Eric in Netherlands has been that the ribs on the rear pans are 1to 2 mm wider causing a slight misfit! It appears that Albrecht (one of the owner of the W&N) whom I have contacted on fitment for some other pieces is well aware of the ribs issue . All and all W&N pieces did ok !
Just to compare , I would certainly use either the polish manufacturer or dagsite next!
Another issue with W& N is the paint they use is meant to keep it from rusting and does not have much of adhesion. So it has to be completely stripped and re- primed after welding is done !! OEM BMW panels, (if available) have excellent adhesion and you only need to remove the edges you plan on welding to.

Last edited:

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
according to a couple of body guys that i have spoken to recently ... they don't agree with you. and they have done it both ways ... with just the w+n parts and with the full floor pieces. you should touch base with Tony Dreamer, i think he also has first hand experience with this discussion.

I am of the opinion that the front and rear W&N panels overlap each other. When using them both, no need to fill any space in between. Au contraire, you have to trim some excess material.
Fixed the right side already like that, from subframe mount to firewall with W&N panels. Now doing the left side.

the answer that maybe was given by the body guys was perhaps an answer to how they undedrstood the question; The W&N , nor the polish floor pieces don't extend all the way to the back (parcel shelf). Stupidly enough, most E9's rust at the subframe mounting bushing and that most rear bit is not covered by the W&N , nor the polish panels. Your body guys may have had that in mind when they commented.

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
2D734D35-5389-4703-B3CB-A932132B016D.jpeg

This is the section that I made in-house as its missing from W&N front pans. However the Polish ones have these marks!

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Markos is the one that Told me about them! You might want to ask him. Or hopefully he chimes in!
One thing for sure I know polish are very good with metal work! Argentinians first and polish Second I say ! But perhaps cheaper!!

Wladek

Reaction score
Markos is the one that Told me about them! You might want to ask him. Or hopefully he chimes in!
One thing for sure I know polish are very good with metal work! Argentinians first and polish Second I say ! But perhaps cheaper!!
Not cheaper for sure. Last couple years prices for body work here increased very much (at least 200-300%).
Funny thing about these body parts guys from Poland - prices straight from them (via local "ebay") are higher than same parts on Oldtimer Teile Hinz with shipping.