WTB: E9 tail lights - bad condition (re-chroming project)

RTHLSS1

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a set of tail lights with nice plastic that I would like to re-chrome. But before cutting out plastic on nice ones I would like to try procedure on tail lights with bad plastic so that I get feeling how to cut out plastic and then see how it fits after frame is re-chromed.

I would buy set but also 1 piece would do. Since I am from Europe due to transport costs I am looking to buy from Europe.

Thanks
Merry Christmas

Mo Brighta

Reaction score
RTHLSS1 --
I also have some lights you can practice on - I have both parts - the reflectors in the back, AND the lenses.

I took a broken light apart to salvage two of the reflectors for another pair.
It is part of my work restoring rear lights -- I disassemble them which makes it easier to work on the individual pieces.
I have one already disassembled... Email me and I can send pictures of these parts if you like. If you are only interested in the lenses, let me know and I will send pictures of those too.
Andy

Stan --
Maybe I can use or help you with the one side you have? I am in Colorado... again, my specialty is the back side (bulb carriers and reflectors).

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
RTHLSS1 --
I also have some lights you can practice on - I have both parts - the reflectors in the back, AND the lenses.

It is part of my work restoring rear lights -- I disassemble them which makes it easier to work on the individual pieces.
I have one already disassembled... Email me and I can send pictures of these parts if you like. If you are only interested in the lenses, let me know and I will send pictures of those too.
Andy

Stan --
Maybe I can use or help you with the one side you have? I am in Colorado... again, my specialty is the back side (bulb carriers and reflectors).
Rthlss got it

RTHLSS1

Site Donor $
Reaction score
RTHLSS1 --

Andy

Stan --

I did my practice on Stan’s frame removed lenses - have to call in galvanize place if they already re-chromed frame and repair crack. Then I will see how lenses fit back in. I have bought a pair of used ones with good lenses in Europe also so I will have spare parts if I screw something up. I will post progress in my thread.

For now I am good with lights but I might need some more I have few interests in rebuild set with original lenses here.