WTB: e3 Bavaria C-Pillar Trim Clips...Arghhhh!

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am having a heck of a time locating these clips. Carl in La Jolla can't find them, Roger's Tii sent something completely different. I finally have a physical sample of what they look like off a parts Bav I took a bunch of stuff off of recently but can't reuse the clips that came off, very brittle. broken, etc. I need the center clips, not the end ones that bolt in, those are pretty much the same as belt trim. The problem is you can't get to the back side to use the bolt on ones in the center, only the two ends.

They are thinner and different from the belt trim clips. I will post some pictures when I get home of them side by side for comparison. If anyone has a source on these please let me know. I would like 8 or so in case a couple break trying to get them on and I need 6 for sure because I already laid headliner down on inside over the front bolt in clip which bums me out but I will figure something out. I am not pulling all that up to get back in there, it's tucked and glued down etc. Anyone ever thinking of refurbishing these C-Pillar trim pieces make sure you do it BEFORE you replace your headliner, big mistake I made! Thanks for reading and trying to help.

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Clips.

I wonder if you could find very small mollies like the ones used in sheet rock. I know they have all sizes but not sure how small you would need.
Koopman

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hey Mike, those are not them thanks though. Those look like pieces to a 2500. If you click the picture next to the numbers they have very clear pictures of what those are. I think they have something to do with the 2500 vents. What I need are plastic clips that look very similar to what those plastic belt trim pieces you help me put on, go on the same way etc. But the belt trim plastic pieces are thinner and the round end that goes into body is smaller I think. Why they did that makes no sense whatsoever. Not like BMW to do something like that. I will try and find the pieces later tonight and take a picture side by side. I'll try Jim and Mesa again, I think I asked before but now I can't remember for sure. And the ones I need are no longer listed on REALOEM, I tried looking earler.

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
send me a photo, I will see if my brother can take them off the parts car, I will send you my email

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Sorry for delay, was not able to take pictures last night. So, last picture is for Mark, this is the C-pillar trim location just so we are on the same page. The other pictures show the big difference in clip size. Almost double, approx. .5 centimeters thick vs. almost one. The white clips are the ones I need. As you can see these fit into a much smaller track on the C-Pillar trim (That's old trim in picture not from my car but exactly the same, mine are all refurbished now ready to be picked up from Speedway). But you can see track size for comparison.

The black clips are what are used for the belt trim. The diameter of the hole that goes through the body is much smaller too, hard to tell from broken piece but if you look hard enough you can see it. So, anyone with a set of these or a source it would be appreciated. I need about 8 (6 really but in case they break while installing I'll take more, heck I'll take 20 if someone has these I'll take all you want to part with. I don't think I will be able to use used ones as they get very brittle and hard to punch back through without breaking them I'd imagine.

Attachments

• IMG_5363.jpg
    IMG_5363.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_5364.jpg
    IMG_5364.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_5365.jpg
    IMG_5365.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 94
  • C-Pilar.jpg
    C-Pilar.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

afeustel

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi Shane. I purchased mine from W&N (when I ordered a few other parts). They are exact match to original. I paid 5.46 euro each. You can get them from the dealer as well (part number 51131802389) but they are $11.25 each.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks for looking, wow $11.25 each? Talk about price gouging, so much for stocking up on a few extra.... Thanks for info though. Huh, guess I'll keep looking a bit. Without shipping that would be $67.50 for six clips, I need 6 not the usual four, for what should be about $6 retail, those can't be more than a $.03 cent part to make. $5.46 euro is crazy too plus shipping. Hopefully Simufly has some extras, thanks for looking!

Simufly

Reaction score
Clips

had a look through the remains of my restoration parts.
The only clips I have found are labelled as 51 13 1 817 064
I have 3

Attachments

• P1020017.jpg
    P1020017.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 69
  • P1020018.jpg
    P1020018.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 71
  • P1020020.jpg
    P1020020.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 65
  • P1020021.jpg
    P1020021.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 64

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I appreciate it thanks, yeah I have a bunch of those, it's the smaller white clips in my picture with those next to it that I need. Seem to be really elusive or what sounds like very expensive from W&N or BMW. Still trying to hold out a bit to see if anyone comes up with better source.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
61porsche you are the man! That is exactly why I love this site. You vintage Porsche owners are great with stuff like that. The interchangeability of parts, you have to be these days. Thanks again! Funny how a stupid side body molding clip will get you excited but I have been searching high and low. Great for the other e3 owners to know!

Last edited:

73tiiguy

Reaction score
I have some

I bought a whole box from some fastener / clip seller online about four years ago..so from one golf e3 owner to another, shoot me an address and I'll send you some. George

Attachments

• c_pillar_clips.jpg
    c_pillar_clips.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 73

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Funny, my 72 had little screws instead which were difficult to reattach. My Snap-On socket wrench is permanently lost in my rear panel, if only I could turn the car upside down.