WTB - driver's side windshield wiper arm

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Gents,

I lost my driver's side windshield wiper arm and need a replacement; really sux, as the set was very nice, and of course it had a brand new SS wiper blade in it. This is the one with the air foil on it. I have a couple of passenger side pieces, but no driver's side one...

I'm looking for a satin finished piece, but will entertain a set of two chrome units... I'm not really sure if the '67 got chrome or satin arms???

Hope someone can help,

Ed Zinsmeyer
Cedar Park, Texas

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Gents,

I lost my driver's side windshield wiper arm and need a replacement; really sux, as the set was very nice, and of course it had a brand new SS wiper blade in it. This is the one with the air foil on it. I have a couple of passenger side pieces, but no driver's side one...

I'm looking for a satin finished piece, but will entertain a set of two chrome units... I'm not really sure if the '67 got chrome or satin arms???

Hope someone can help,

Ed Zinsmeyer
Cedar Park, Texas

I Ed. I have a satin air foil from an E3 if you want it. Seems like satin aluminum to me. My E9 has a stainless foil. I'll compare the size and finish and snap you a pic. If you wan to go that route, you will need to drill two small holes in your spare passenger wiper via drill press. You will also need to buy some small rivets and a cross peen hammer. In the garage tonight, just let me know if you want details.

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'll compare the size and finish and snap you a pic.

Send me a picture when you can. I'll think about that. Peter C tells me he has a set off his Bav, but he thinks they are bright chrome. I may not be able to be too picky in the long run.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Send me a picture when you can. I'll think about that. Peter C tells me he has a set off his Bav, but he thinks they are bright chrome. I may not be able to be too picky in the long run.

Bav wipers won’t work but you could snag the foil. I think the e3 foil is smaller. Pics tonight...

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Your wipers were originally chrome, same with early US 2800CS. Does it have the shepherd’s crook end or is it straight like a 2002 and e3?

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Does it have the shepherd’s crook end

Shepard's crook...

Chrome, huh? darn... I kinda like the satin ones, but best to put what is correct on this one.

Sooooo... Now I'm looking for a set of chrome wiper arms :)

Ed

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
might be the pot metal base piece.

That actually was not the failure, though mine are slightly loose on the shaft. I reeeeeally thought the arms were secure, but nope.... I lost it on my way to O-Fest in 4 lanes of early morning traffic in Birmingham, Alabama. They were working beautifully and I was only using them occasionally. Then it went, bump..bump and flew off on the next upsweep... I watched it go under a truck from the reflection in the Talbot mirror on the fender. Not like I was going back into traffic to try and fetch it... crap.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I meant the base might pose a chroming issue as it is pot metal. These need the clip under this base to function properly to keep it from flying off, one of my constant worries as well.

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Oh yes, I see what you’re talking about. Hmmm, darn.

My old wiper had the spring clip, I should have safety wired it, somehow.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Bummer, the e3 foil is indeed smaller...

7F89121E-5113-4D38-80BE-30EC7F43AA23.jpeg

BBOY

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi ED, I can spare you this wiper arm from my e9. I will send you a pm later. 20200224_212209.jpg20200224_212217.jpg