wtb diagnostic port orange cover

loloe13

Reaction score
if you do find a good lead to these orange covers, please let me know too.

I have tried ordering part 12121353222, not entirely sure if i got the right number
I ordered one from w+n, they sent me an orange cover that looks very similar, but is just a touch smaller and is in a slightly different dimension, it did not fit the e9 port at all

Gavin

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hey Gavin, I think that goes on the port by the thermostat housing that some cars had. I have one of those too and it is too small. Regards, Rohan

Simufly

Reaction score
Diagnostic covers

The part numbers are, from the old orange books:
12 12 1 353 222
and
61 13 1 353 187

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Like this?

This is an extra I can sell. Can't find a price since it is NLA. Anyone have a clue?

Diagcover1_zps4ec36d9d.jpg

Diagcover2_zpsaf41b51f.jpg

Last edited:

dascoupeguy

Reaction score
Compromised?

It appears that the 'end' that pokes thru the metal is broken off the one in your pic...
These are very hard to come by. I have collected a few over the years and they are really essential for the concours purist. One must be very careful when removing them or the end will snap off as appears to have happened on THIS one. My two cents. DCG

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
It appears that the 'end' that pokes thru the metal is broken off the one in your pic...
These are very hard to come by. I have collected a few over the years and they are really essential for the concours purist. One must be very careful when removing them or the end will snap off as appears to have happened on THIS one. My two cents. DCG

Yes, you are correct. Never seen one that had the "end".
I thought with some careful work the end on this one could be cut down and a line cut around the circumference so it would pull in the metal hole and stay. Just a thought.

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'd be keen on one with the end intact but beggars. ......

There is demand here for more than one so hopefully everyone ends up happy!
Please pm me a price if you are happy to sell,

Thanks,

Rohan

NewSixCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Here's a shot of the cover in my car; intact as far as I know...

Attachments

• Cover.jpg
    Cover.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 179

Christopher

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm looking for the orange cap (the smaller of the two) for the diagnostic port near the thermostat. Does anyone have one they'd sell me ?

Simufly

Reaction score
Cover.

I'm looking for the orange cap (the smaller of the two) for the diagnostic port near the thermostat. Does anyone have one they'd sell me ?

Hi Have just dug this out from the spares box. Unfortunately it is the larger one. It has the correct "feet" on the cord which I understand is rare.

Attachments

• P1010761.jpg
    P1010761.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 116
  • P1010762.jpg
    P1010762.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 119

Christopher

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nice find, and indeed rare. Am i right in thinking the smaller cover also has the tail on it ? there's a hole of the mounting plate. Mine has never had one