WTB- defrost vents

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi folks, I think one of the last pieces I need to purchase for my second rebuild is a pair of defrost vents. I know these are hard to come by but if anyone knows where I can find a proper set please let me know.

I included a couple pictures to show how much of a mess everything is!

Attachments

• dash.jpg
    dash.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 173
  • engine13.jpg
    engine13.jpg
    348.8 KB · Views: 173
  • dash1.jpg
    dash1.jpg
    350.6 KB · Views: 173
  • trunk.jpg
    trunk.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 153

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi folks, I think one of the last pieces I need to purchase for my second rebuild is a pair of defrost vents. I know these are hard to come by but if anyone knows where I can find a proper set please let me know.

I included a couple pictures to show how much of a mess everything is!
Peter, we all know what this lovely mess, your words, will eventually become. A North Star for all of us. Steve

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Seller is a member...

BTW - $75 - $100 per side is about the going rate for undamaged. I would want to see detailed pics of the visible vent surface.

Last edited:

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I think I know the guy from Prussian Motors who's selling this piece, from what I remember he's a fair guy who also visits this site a bit- I think he has an e9. I agree with Markos though and for 100.00 I'd like one in a little better shape. Since it's a little scraped up now, by the time I get it in there it will look worse than the ones I have :-(

Also, anyone have an old scraped up piece of wood trim for the driver's door on an e9. through all my experimenting I have found that I like repairing the bases of the originals and recovering them with the walnut veneer as apposed to making the entire thing from scratch, which can be done and looks good but takes lots of time and I have 3 of the 4 bases now.

Thanks again!

afeustel

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Peter, I think I may have some vents for you. Can check in a few weeks if you can wait ;)

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Peter, I think I may have some vents for you. Can check in a few weeks if you can wait ;)

You better have a good excuse for not checking this week! :D

Also, anyone have an old scraped up piece of wood trim for the driver's door on an e9. through all my experimenting I have found that I like repairing the bases of the originals and recovering them with the walnut veneer as apposed to making the entire thing from scratch, which can be done and looks good but takes lots of time and I have 3 of the 4 bases now.

Thanks again!

Peter,

I have a piece of drivers door wood you can have. You may not want it but I’ll pull it this week.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
markos thought you were going to make some sets ?

I put the brakes on that project. They will be very expensive to print. I wanted to make the cabin facing piece as a glue-on replacement. I’m getting the 3D bug. My modeler just got back to me this evening actually.

If there is interest in resurrecting this effort I may proceed.

Basically, it would be the part above the blue line. Glued to the old bottom, cut with a dremmel.
064696BE-EC3E-4141-943A-BC048C8F6CB3.jpeg

I left off with a first draft. Clearly it needs work:
282120C4-A46E-4360-AB5E-7022DB8292BF.jpeg

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
If the price is reasonable I can place an order for 4 sets of glue on !
You are on the right track Markos as from my inspection of the ones I have most likely it is the top lip that gets damaged. So your “glue-on piece “ idea is a Noble one!