WTB A/C interior parts

sidcc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi all
I'm beginning the *daunting* task of gathering A/C components to install in my non-AC '72 csi. I have nothing at the moment!
If you have any A/C components, particularly interior ones such as evaporator, duct, side consoles, faceplate, knobs, that you might consider selling please let me know.
Thanks!
Sid

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hook Sid up! Any car in Phoenix that uses “greenhouse” references to the cabin must be miserable to drive in! :D

sidcc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Haha. Thanks for the bump Markos. Seriously though, I moved to Phoenix 2 months ago and there hasn’t been a day nice enough to drive without A/C. Today I stepped out for lunch and in the time it took to walk to my car I felt like I was wearing a shirt fresh out of the dryer - H O T!!!

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
i sincerely doubt this would be valid for the e9,...check first

Despite the fact that it has e21 written on it with a grease marker, it looks absolutely like an e9 evaporator to me. e21/e24 boxes look different.

It is priced fairly but shipping is killer. Most importantly, it is missing the fragile AC-specific ducting.

Then again this doesn’t look like what I thought was the e21 box either. Clearly in an e21 though:

day1dec19201002.jpg

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
According to RealOEM it fits e9, e3 and e21. Although those hard lines are not e9.
Hmm I wonder if they changed mid platform. You could get an e21 version at the parts yard for $20.

I wouldn’t dig around parts yards in Phoenix though. The AZ heat makes old plastic parts extremely brittle. I had 1990 VW native to AZ and the plastic parts would just shatter.

sidcc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Despite the fact that it has e21 written on it with a grease marker, it looks absolutely like an e9 evaporator to me. e21/e24 boxes look different.

It is priced fairly but shipping is killer. Most importantly, it is missing the fragile AC-specific ducting.

Then again this doesn’t look like what I thought was the e21 box either. Clearly in an e21 though:

day1dec19201002.jpg

Is this the fragile duct?

BMW E9 3.0CSi CS Climate Control Air Vent Duct Fan Blower Intermediate Pipe

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/362107235579

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
That’s it but I can’t tell if that is the AC version. Others can chime in but see what the seller has sold. His parts prices have been out of line but this isn’t too bad if it is the ac duct.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Here is my old one. rhe AC version is open on the bottom. You are on the right track but that ebay one is for a non-ac car.

31500051404_399e9da033_b.jpg

sidcc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Oh boy. I’m in way over my head. They look the same to me, except Markos yours is dirtier! I guess the AC version also has an opening at the bottom.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Oh boy. I’m in way over my head. They look the same to me, except Markos yours is dirtier! I guess the AC version also has an opening at the bottom.

Yeah the hot hair comes from the back and the cold air comes from the bottom.

All of my parts are dirtier, as is my car. :D

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
I call this post : "Duct-Tales". Here are the 3 versions of the much sought after "Intermediate piece" :
SAM_3463.JPG

SAM_3463.JPG

SAM_3464.JPG
SAM_3465.JPG

may not be the best photos, but point is, there is one with no large opening on the underside, that would normally fit upon the evaporator. This is the non-A/C equipped E9 piece. The other one with the side ports, fits upon the E3 evaporator, the ports feed the ducting that sends somewhat cooled air to the end vents in the dash. The last one is the "Holy Grail" of them all, fits on the E9 evaporator, and all is well. You may be able to adapt the others to fit. Mike