WTB: 1973 Bavaria Passenger side front headlamp assembly

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Does anyone have one of these they would like to sell or trade for a 2800 assembly? They are slightly different, they both fit and work I just want a matching pair. Or if anyone has seen one for sale in good shape (Not Bent or rusty) please let me know. The one on Ebay is bent and rusty. I just need the metal piece that the lights sit in and the nuts, bolts, and inserts if you have them, I have the springs and lights. If it's complete that's fine too. Thanks.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am surprised the 2800 part is different. The only differences I have noticed is the length of the beam adjusting nuts.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i really don't think they are different. if i'm not mistaken, the frame is exactly the same piece.

current part number is - 63121360181 + 82 are the left + right frames.
orange book is 63121351099 + 100 for usa coupes. euro coupes used 354443 + 444 ... later all coupes were changed to the 181 + 182 numbers. realoem shows the 181 + 182 numbers for the frame.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hey Chris and RS Porsche - it surprised the heck out of me too. The two I have that were on the car are very different. They still hold the same lamps, but very very different. Different stamped part numbers and everything. I mean no mistaking they are not the same. Now I just assumed that one of them was from a 2800 because that is what some of the other parts came off of for the front end. It could be a 2500 or even a coupe, but I thought the coupe would be the same too??? I will show you some day in person Chris. I'll be working on car all day tomorrow if you and Andy want to stop by, our other buddy will be there at some point too. All I know is the driver side should be the Bavaria one and the other one ??? Anyhow, I just want a matching set, preferably one off a Bavaria. RSporsche I got your PM, thank you I will take you up on that but will need to email you when I get home from work. TY!