World Upholstery FYI

Gary Waggoner

Site Donor
Reaction score
I placed my order Nov 27th. and still have not received the complete order. I have called and said it will be next week at least 3 times. It is nice stuff, but the embossing of the door panels is not done in house and the people responsible are not returning calls or emails. Just a heads up in case anyone was in a hurry.

Gary Waggoner

Site Donor
Reaction score
Still no door panels, leather has been sent back twice for size altering. They have made the seats way too large and said we should just add foam. Just FYI.

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi Gary,
I am rather surprised to hear about your experience with them! Was the covers for your E9 or another car?
I am restoring two E9 and I was strongly considering to use them for Leather inerior!
I appreciate your response!

Thank you!

Tony P.

Gary Waggoner

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes, for my E9. Bought everything, carpet seat covers, door panels, etc. They had major issuea with door panels, just getting them to me last week and I still dont have the seats done. They had a problem with their patterns and redid the rears twice. Good quality stuff and friendly to deal with but dont get in a hurry.

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply Gary,
And thank you G for your suggestions for other vendors!
For what it is worth ,
I took a tour of thier facility not too long ago , I think in Sep . It is in a rather large industrial shop and it appears they have been there for a long time. They had a very large sample room! They had another room with patterns and one room with several workers doing sewing! They had several very unique large and heavy duty heat press machines. It was clear to me that that have been doing this for a long time. When I enquired about the ownership I was told that the previous owner recently sold the business to the group of long term employees, and I was introduced around. Very friendly nice group. At the time I felt comfortable doing business with them. Aside from two E9’s I have a 1970 280SL that I need interiors for so it is that much more Important to me to use the right vendor.
The subject of the door panels came up and they showed me what they can keep in stock and what their challenges are. It is not that easy... having the right pattern in the right color , having it cut properly and heat pressing it seems a like a lot of sensative work. They did explain to me that on some colors or patterns that have to wait for the material, or have to ship them to have it done somewhere else.
The gentleman’s name that took me around was Mars. Very polite and friendly guy. He was very busy but took the time with me.

I am sorry for your troubles Gary!
Cheers and good luck with your restoration!

Gary Waggoner

Site Donor
Reaction score
World Upholstery did not have the correct front or rear seat patterns for my 1970 2800CS. It has taken several months to get to this point and the covers still do not fit properly with their stock patterns. My advise to all is to find a qualified upholstery shop do the sewing and install on all seats from scratch to insure proper pleat measurements and tight fit. My guys do an exceptional job(Robertos Auto Trim, Costa Mesa) and have had to disassemble the covers and trim and resew almost every piece. The parts that have been redone look excellent, but all the credit goes to Robertos.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
World Upholstery did not have the correct front or rear seat patterns for my 1970 2800CS. It has taken several months to get to this point and the covers still do not fit properly with their stock patterns. My advise to all is to find a qualified upholstery shop do the sewing and install on all seats from scratch to insure proper pleat measurements and tight fit. My guys do an exceptional job(Robertos Auto Trim, Costa Mesa) and have had to disassemble the covers and trim and resew almost every piece. The parts that have been redone look excellent, but all the credit goes to Robertos.
A buddy ordered carpet from World for his 72 tii. He had to make "adjustments" to every piece, fortunately had the skill and patience. He had talked to my upholsterer, an artist, who did my Coupe.
Dan, my uphol, ordered the roll of carpet, used my old as the pattern. Perfect. Not that much more than ordering the pre-cut kit.

Most seem to like World's product but not the execution.

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
Had two E24 headliners done by GAHH. Fair price, nice selection of material , great fit, I was able to install it my self. and quick delivery