Wnated:Service and/or Parts Manual

ES 1800

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm new to BMW's (but see signature line). I'm looking for a service and/or parts manual so I can have some informed fun with my newly acquired '73 CS. These are readily available on CD for Volvos. I found one at a retail place but the cost seemed awfully high -- $130 for a CD. (Volvo manuals on CD routinely go for $24.95 on eBay.)

Does any enthusiast have these that they sell?

If anyone will trust me with a hard copy I would be willing to scan to PDF and make available to others. I am a VERY trustworthy person.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

bmwmadman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Good luck getting someone on this board let alone someone that knows you to lend the shop manual to you. That book is like the bible that has been pasted down from 4 generations or something.

Just a note, keep you eyes open as they do come up on ebay from time to time. Good luck

MichaelP

Reaction score
Carl Nelson has a special on the cd-rom for 99 bucks. You might save yourself the frustration from competing with the nutters on eBay. One caveat: The cd-rom is intended for use with Windows 95, 98 or NT. I dunno if there's a hack for Vista.

To tell the truth, the manuals (analog or digital) aren't really that useful. If it's help with mechanicals you want, keep an eye out for E3 manuals. They cover all the same stuff for a lot less cash. Haynes published one that usually goes inexpensively on ebay.

You could also buy nothing and peruse the technical info available right here on this site. See above or go here.

x_atlas0

Reaction score
The blue books are the best, but then there's the Hayes E3 manual, the Autobooks manual, and a few others. I think I've got about 4 manuals for the coupe. The problem is, no single one covers everything. There's one more by a publisher I can't recall at the moment that was very, very good, secondary only to the blue books. I'll have to check it out when I go home for Thanksgiving.

Stefan67

Reaction score
I recently picked up the Haynes E3 manual from Books4cars.com. It did take about 2 months to get (out of stock??), but they were good to deal with and it was about 30$.

Honolulu

Reaction score
sheesh!

Why can't anyone tell him that the parts manual is online and free?

go to www.realoem.com

After that, a Haynes E3 manual originally sold for $12 to $17, I wouldn't pay more than that. Browse around, take your time, they are still being traded occasionally.