windshield seal alternatives

Sean Haas

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Here's what I got back. Not entirely sure what to make of this. I'm assuming this was the later model gasket that was available until recently, but not sure. Chris, you or someone else more knowledgeable want to weigh in?

Dear Mr Haas,

Thank you kindly for your email.

No, this is not correct.

Readily we inform you that the part numbers 1 828 248, 1814611, fit for all BMW ECE models, this means only the one, which where produced for the European market, 2500-3.3Li, produced from 1968 to 1977.

Thank you for your interest, see you soon at the BMW Classic Part Shop.

If you have any additional questions please do not hesitate to contact us via email or telephone.
Our opening hours are: Monday to Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (CET).

Yours sincerely,

Aysun Kazan

duct-tape

Site Donor
Reaction score
the part number ending 8248 is "ready for production" for over a year. but the company that owned the molds went out of business. I suspect that the person you're talking to is just going off what BMW put in their database to satisfy the folks that have preordered the part

billpatterson

Site Donor
Reaction score
I guess we'll see.. I just ordered 10 feet from here.. ($6.20 plus shipping)
https://www.austinhardware.com/chrome-filler-strip-400-2-200ft-rolls.html

Hi there
What was the result of trying this locking strip!?

I have received a front window seal from oversees (E3; Classic BMW Parts; seems like OEM material; softer than others I've tried to use) and I am curious if other options exist to the factory aluminum strips. I am not married to the factory strips however if I able to remove without damage and reuse then great. If not then I'm curious about alternatives.

Regards
Bill

xPpXfmocQWmBVH7NOF6rXw.jpg

eIJ8HFOmT5OWwX2fialcVw.jpg

duct-tape

Site Donor
Reaction score
What was the result of trying this locking strip!?
It got put on hold. I got rid of the car with the offending windshield and got another. now I have a brand new seal and the flex trim, but I don't need to use it. I'm still holding onto it because I'm probably going to paint the new project in a year or so.