White/black 74 e9 on BAT

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score

I really like that color interior.

Looks pretty solid! Can't really tell the engine compartment how solid it is given the blinding white paint, but seems ok.

Definitely could use either a front bumper or at the very least, a CSL front air dam me thinks.

Don't know if the engine is a B34? B35?

Thinking will sell at $42k.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Interior looks brown
Completely agree - it does look brown in almost all the pics. Then again, the underside shot looks pink on my screen. I wonder if it is something with the camera / photography.
1974_bmw_3-0cs_15574967039f98764da20190125_130454v2-620x349.jpg

floridabmx

Reaction score
yeah they couldve taken more than one picture of the underside especially after getting it on the lift, and the forward part of the car is more concerning than rear. looks promising though.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Interior looks brown

"The interior features brown leather seats joined by matching door panels and lighter-colored loop carpeting. Walnut trim accents the black dashboard as well as the upper door and side panels. "

Looks really good IMHO, however I think that interior would be best represented with maybe a black or Sienna exterior.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Except those aren’t the original seat covers, this is a 74 but with earlier style vertical pleats and 74 style sewn shoulders with no tucks. The door panels are recovered too, no pin hole upper piece and they look like the Seinfeld Puffy Shirt.

Does anyone else think the dash wood looks like plywood?

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
yeah they couldve taken more than one picture of the underside especially after getting it on the lift, and the forward part of the car is more concerning than rear. looks promising though.

Hmm... Why would someone only include a single lift shot from the most favorable angle when they already have it on the lift? That's a rhetorical question...

I don't care if the dash is gold plated with mink seats and virgin wool carpets. If the chassis is rusted it's a bad deal... listen to your elders regarding all the pretty, shiny horror stories!

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Bid to 28k. I have to think more transparency on the chassis condition would have yielded a better number...
Seems the "wood" was actually that peel off stuff you put on kitchen cabinet shelves. That's a first for me.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Bid to 28k. I have to think more transparency on the chassis condition would have yielded a better number...

The seller of the Chamonix wanted $40K on CL. I just didn't see this one stacking up against the $44K Seattle Polaris that sold on BaT a few weeks prior. $28K may have been a little low but the car was in the 30's IMO, not in the 40's. The market spoke on this one, and lack of pictures and transparency only hurt the situation. With all of that said, it was in an exterior color that generates less lust than others (I love chamonix but it's true for all 'white' cars). It has an interior leather color that while I also love, is polarizing. The wood choice is equally hit or miss. The absent front bumper will appear as an oversight to many. Sadly the stylized approach taken with the car immediately lops 50% off the market.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The seller of the Chamonix wanted $40K on CL. I just didn't see this one stacking up against the $44K Seattle Polaris that sold on BaT a few weeks prior. $28K may have been a little low but the car was in the 30's IMO, not in the 40's. The market spoke on this one, and lack of pictures and transparency only hurt the situation. With all of that said, it was in an exterior color that generates less lust than others (I love chamonix but it's true for all 'white' cars). It has an interior leather color that while I also love, is polarizing. The wood choice is equally hit or miss. The absent front bumper will appear as an oversight to many. Sadly the stylized approach taken with the car immediately lops 50% off the market.
And it looked like the rear bumper was bonded to the body? Weird seats, cross between 73 and 74.