Wheel arches - any advice

Dave B

Reaction score
Folks,

My CSi has just resurfaced from hibernation again. I am giving serious consideration to putting on chrome or steel wheel arch extension mouldings / trim.

I have seen Jaymic in UK do a stainless steel set, and that Walloth and Nesch do them in either stainless steel or chromed brass.

Anyone have good or bad experiences with either type or supplier?

Daft question time - how are they fitted?

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
Its likely you will hear a lot of folks trash-talk the inexpensive stainless steel chinese wheel arches.

I have a set on the ex-Hoffman 2800, I really like them. they're like less than 1/10 the price of the "real" CSL arches, and you don't have to worry about them getting dinged.

Of course, this is predicated on whether or not you like the look. I do, on my baikal '69. I may put some on the baikal '74 when it rolls out of the trailer this spring.

One last comment, nothing was ever said (to me anyways) about those "incorrect" arches at ANY of the club events, tracks, or corrals, or on ANY of the web photo sites it has appeared on (or at) since 1988 when I got the car. It has had a lot of complements over the years, which does wonders for my frail male ego.

Dave B

Reaction score
dp,

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking along the same lines as you. I have a CSi and I dont really need to spend far too much for "real" CSL arches. I think that very few people indeed would be able to differentiate between real and non real arches.

I am sure the less expensive ones will look fine when they are fitted. I have 16" staggered Alpina wheels fitted, so would like the arches on especially as I have 225 tyres on the back.

Anyone bought / fitted the Jaymic ones? Or both types from Walloth and Nesch?

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
dp,

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking along the same lines as you. I have a CSi and I dont really need to spend far too much for "real" CSL arches. I think that very few people indeed would be able to differentiate between real and non real arches.

I am sure the less expensive ones will look fine when they are fitted. I have 16" staggered Alpina wheels fitted, so would like the arches on especially as I have 225 tyres on the back.

Anyone bought / fitted the Jaymic ones? Or both types from Walloth and Nesch?

I am pretty sure they all come from the same manufacturer in China, they're usually available on eBay for less than 100 bucks a set

steve in reno

Reaction score
I rec'd a set of stainless ones for x-mas.
They were the ones off of ebay, delivered for $100. I believe they were made in Thailand.
My car is more custom than some, wood-leather colors-etc. and I love the looks of the wheel arches.
It is your car, make it what pleases you!
reno

abe3.0CSi

Reaction score
Its a personal taste. My only hesitation is I don't need something else to add to trap moisture and holes in the fenders that increases the risks of rust.
abe

DougE

Site Donor
Reaction score
Wheel Arche Trims

I bought mine from W & N about 6 years ago, these are stainless and came with gaskets, they still look like new.

Doug

Dave B

Reaction score
wheel arches

Gents,

thanks for your comments. I'm having a set for sure.......

Mrs Dave is not too bothered about the arches. She does not want me getting the rubber tipped boot spoiler, and 3.0 CSi decal, but too bad!