What do you think of my new Karmann coupe?

Brent

Reaction score
Bought this original paint survivor coupe on Saturday in Montreal. Wasn't even looking for one, but the condition of this car made it impossible to pass up. Plus I drove this exact year ('69) and colour of car back in 1979.

14cs55z.png

21d1ikw.png

1zl54yu.png

20f5hrc.png

2ibysmx.png

More here:

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=c11d...X.SkyDrive&sc=Photos&authkey=!AKgpkSwMPfjLO3I

ny30cs

Reaction score
Karman Ghia

Looks incredible. Let me know if you decide to sell it!!! Try to find another as nice!!! Must be really hard in Montreal. Lots of salt and rust!

Have fun............Mark

Brent

Reaction score
Thanks! Car came to Montreal via Palm Springs CA, where it spent the first 26 years of its pampered life, and had a sympathetic owner for the next 18 years in Richelieu, Quebec.

Brent

Reaction score
BTW: Here's the only photo I have of my previous '69 KG that was taken back in '79. This car was a second car at the time that I drove in the winter, while my '63 Split Window Vette sat in the garage. Notice how I attached a defroster to the front windshield in an attempt to overcome the Karmann Ghia's pathetic heating system.

Notwithstanding its shortcomings I still have fond memories of this car. I love the fact that these cars are so basic, almost toy-like.

350m537.png

DaSurfa

Reaction score
Wow, nice find there!

I love old vintage VWs, my first car was a 71 beetle. Currently I have a 64 and 56 beetle and love how simple and fun they are. Sadly my 64 is for sale cause I just don't have the space for all 5 of my cars. Anyone interested in a nice 64 beetle?

Brent

Reaction score
Sadly my 64 is for sale cause I just don't have the space for all 5 of my cars.

I know exactly what you mean! This Ghia is my 5th collector car. I had to get rather creative with the garage layout to accommodate all 5 cars. My garage measures 35' deep by 23' wide, and I was just able to make it work. If it wasn't for a post in the middle, I could actually accommodate 6.

LarryE9E10

Reaction score
Toys for all!

NMNA!

For anyone looking for such cheap thrills, I have a collector car friend who has a 1969 Ghia currently for sale. Ridden in it multiple times. Rides well and seems fine but I'm hardly an expert. If interested, contact me and I'll put you in touch with him.

Last edited:

steve in reno

Reaction score
Nicely sorted Ghia.
One of my best friends just sold his Ghia Cabriolet. Next will be his porsche 912.

In 1979 I had a friend that lived in his Ghia. Funny to say the least. He won the world Hang gliding meet in Grenoble France that year.

steve