ENJOYED THE EMAIL I GOT FROM FINE LINE
HAPPY FREEDOM DAY FOR THE COUPE
APPT.JPG

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Bo,

No - sorry. In that regard, I'm pretty much of a techno-peasant. Just enjoy the moment, don't do any video recordings, but will post another shot. This pix shows Stan's sunroof wind deflector deployed. I love it - Thanks Stan.

3.0 CS pix 6-19 drive 012.JPG

Thanks for asking, and the 'like'. Hope you have a great weekend.

Gary

Last edited:

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Bo,

No - sorry. In that regard, I'm pretty much of a techno-peasant. Just enjoy the moment, don't do any video recordings, but will post another shot. This pix shows Stan's sunroof wind deflector deployed. I love it - Thanks Stan.

View attachment 66867
Thanks for asking, and the 'like'. Hope you have a great weekend.

Gary

So, when are we going to see this baby at an event???

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Sooner - Well, if you indeed have a history as an 'U of Oklahoma Sooner', I understand the prejudice about red. Being a native Cornhusker, I should have a prejudice towards Crimson - but I don't.

Chris - I'd planned on going to the Vintage in Saratoga Springs, but complications got in the way, so I'll not be there. I will take it to the New Hope Auto Show - a significant sized show in New Hope PA in August.

Cheers,

Gary

Adkfrank

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sooner - Well, if you indeed have a history as an 'U of Oklahoma Sooner', I understand the prejudice about red. Being a native Cornhusker, I should have a prejudice towards Crimson - but I don't.

Chris - I'd planned on going to the Vintage in Saratoga Springs, but complications got in the way, so I'll not be there. I will take it to the New Hope Auto Show - a significant sized show in New Hope PA in August.

Cheers,

Gary
You will be missed in Saratoga

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Garage re-ordering to get stuff on dollies/casters to make room for work, parts, and potential move. Installed new parts-cleaner pump and rigged drain petcock, line, and screen filter for parts washer, which is also on casters now for indoor-outdoor use (even the less-toxic Tractor Supply cleaner has more smell than desirable). Need air conditioning already. Bought second 265/6 with aim to have 3 before swap--easier & cheaper than a rebuild at this point. Oddly, someone gave me a flood-ravaged 4 spd tranny from a 2002, which I plan to open up as a remedial learning tool.

We took ours out & rallied the snot out of it (& this was our first excursion in our "new" car - and it performed & handled great.
https://lewisandclarkclassicrally.org/Home.html last weekend
http://www.nwclassicmotorcarrally.org/ Aug 1-4
Rally on!

From one Keith Martin's publications, I pulled up pics from these rallies a couple of years ago, and they look like breathtaking drives. I always wonder if you folks get immune to the scenery.

bcoli

Site Donor $
Reaction score
From one Keith Martin's publications, I pulled up pics from these rallies a couple of years ago, and they look like breathtaking drives. I always wonder if you folks get immune to the scenery.

We do not get immune to the scenery (which can be quite beautiful), but we each have a job to do: my wife drives & her primary job is to keep us safe. She also has to help navigate & look for road signs, etc. I am the navigator, but my primary job is keeping us on time. I call myself "the nagivator" 'cause I sit in the right seat & tell her "faster, slower, turn right, left, now we're late".

If you are not interested in the competitive aspect, many rallies offer a tour over the same route.

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Stan,

I mounted a set of BMW rectangular lights from a 5 series similarly. I put low wattage halogen bulbs in and use them as Daytime Running Lights. I feel the DRL's are needed in the area I live, as we have a lot of shade/then bright sun roads in the 'driving season', along with quite a few inattentive drivers. I can turn them on for local driving, or off if I'm on an interstate type road via an almost non-visible but easily accessible switch in the section of the lower dash between the steering column and the side AC fan air inlet pieces.

Gary

Last edited:

FinnCoupe

Reaction score
Got CSL out of the garage first time in four years. Heatercore change took a bit longer than it should have...
Passed MOT, now just needs a good wash.