What did you do to your E9 today?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
don't know what is wrong with my computer ... but i'm not seeing any of them. the last photo i see is Andy of Finland's

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
don't know what is wrong with my computer ... but i'm not seeing any of them. the last photo i see is Andy of Finland's

The photos were visible about an hour after Steves last post, I saw them earlier. But now they are gone for me too, can only see this: [ IMG ]

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Finally some dry weather and a little less humidity made for an excellent driving day, the two precious metals blew out some carbon:

YkBLVHrzP9ObqSaUTci-7aAD6feuWKPNVYCidRNeZhYM6JYuWqJXz4wXiTC0DaJ0MKtT65VGFmrjKJ1S9Wv5bSX6IRbFzWtziMgJ31kz_lfkgJgSaFlRrs_EHn1LXFleVm-0yVWhpPLpL-J9iNqRLj7Nu3XLWWPmd644Bo5h3ZdwauD4mH2VZ0enu6Vx0rRfI16ClWxbiZS-xIdOKfUpvQVVhceUvN2I2E_ebKotbAq47f60FDVQy-pyWJttcE53NKEP4OxkPj-UJCtRUupMe65EionEa5eIwhq4JY1yR1FAZwgJmQG1wZ-O_L_gF-oUUwqXlvGCgqE2ZvX9SRzwy5YSg2zg-omL7--b71bSEeuX4W3ENrtNSN6N_Bp6RIrAcX3yf-xbkkM4q8sTcdqQWB3QpV0RNAbpdvuA91eJjdZq4cebwYXtjir-Lb4q8y7WW_P9Y5M_zh1XTFgJ6DV1UkaSLchVxxnsSU6H-09pj6LwVPGIt2rBEHjrMh_OeRmEVbpL-PWFaJcOJ8pqeBn22ADQ4aDtAZ_CoLPlT7xY28_QlFNAvcgSl4O4m-BWSe4W5XjjFYVBCC0jOHI610P0BqCDWng4FT3WAaAkqSODUbtcitTsWdeh=w1027-h771-no

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
oh ... YES. that's what i'm talking about. gold + silver. just keep the bronze away.
with matching tires no less.

so, which one is faster? my bet is silver ...

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ceylon has a bigger engine with 32/36 Weber downdrafts, Polaris has triples with Schrick cam, pretty even but I'd say Ceylon a little faster off the line with Polaris quicker higher up in the revs. Have yet to get my friend's Verona in a pic with these 2, currently in my garage having brake hoses put on. Also I am trying to get them to display at the Oktoberfest concours.

oh ... YES. that's what i'm talking about. gold + silver. just keep the bronze away.
with matching tires no less.

so, which one is faster? my bet is silver ...

OKilligan

Reaction score
Hi all, maybe this is known fact in the community, however I changed the door stopper and the original one is a little bit hard to get ones hands on and quite expensive to. The door stop to e12 fits like a glove, but use the old axel and put on the e12 "wheel". Prices on the e12 stopper is ridiculously low. Works well.
Cheers

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Finally some dry weather and a little less humidity made for an excellent driving day, the two precious metals blew out some carbon:

YkBLVHrzP9ObqSaUTci-7aAD6feuWKPNVYCidRNeZhYM6JYuWqJXz4wXiTC0DaJ0MKtT65VGFmrjKJ1S9Wv5bSX6IRbFzWtziMgJ31kz_lfkgJgSaFlRrs_EHn1LXFleVm-0yVWhpPLpL-J9iNqRLj7Nu3XLWWPmd644Bo5h3ZdwauD4mH2VZ0enu6Vx0rRfI16ClWxbiZS-xIdOKfUpvQVVhceUvN2I2E_ebKotbAq47f60FDVQy-pyWJttcE53NKEP4OxkPj-UJCtRUupMe65EionEa5eIwhq4JY1yR1FAZwgJmQG1wZ-O_L_gF-oUUwqXlvGCgqE2ZvX9SRzwy5YSg2zg-omL7--b71bSEeuX4W3ENrtNSN6N_Bp6RIrAcX3yf-xbkkM4q8sTcdqQWB3QpV0RNAbpdvuA91eJjdZq4cebwYXtjir-Lb4q8y7WW_P9Y5M_zh1XTFgJ6DV1UkaSLchVxxnsSU6H-09pj6LwVPGIt2rBEHjrMh_OeRmEVbpL-PWFaJcOJ8pqeBn22ADQ4aDtAZ_CoLPlT7xY28_QlFNAvcgSl4O4m-BWSe4W5XjjFYVBCC0jOHI610P0BqCDWng4FT3WAaAkqSODUbtcitTsWdeh=w1027-h771-no

Wow.... just wow. and check out those sweet Pirelli CN36s

Why is it I can't get Yukon Cornelious' song from Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer out of my head?? "Silver and Gold... Silver and Gold..." :)

Ed

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Disassembly of the 2000CS began in earnest yesterday and 5 hours today. Trim off, lights out, doors gutted, most of the interior out... Very thankful for two good friends Barney and Greg for their help.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

We'll be back at it again this weekend. So far the car appears to be extremely dry. Inside the doors and lower rear window cavities are completely dry and rust free. We found a small amount of body filler in the rockers but not serious that we can tell at the moment.

As I've said before, "the tears flow when the paint comes off" but I think I got very lucky with this one.

Ed Z

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i agree with Andrew. photo document the crap out of everything - especially how wiring is routed and connected ... and how the little mechanical stuff was put together. separately bag stuff and label it ... store groups of things together. we haven't really had a resto thread on a 2000cs ... it would be fun to follow ... and will also be a great thing for value + your coupe's history all in one place

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I must admit that things came apart at a quick pace yesterday and I am relying on my good friend Barney's experience... This will be about the 7th BMW he's completely torn down and reassembled in the last several years. I took plenty of pictures and separately bagged/labeled parts as best I could. I am taking pictures of wiring and labeling as I go along. I also have the luxury of having Peter C just around the corner to lean on when we start scratching our heads about " how does that go back together??"

resto shop day 1.jpg

I need to search the site for questions on the best door and window seals for the car. BMW? URO ? W&N ? I remember Steve mentioning of an aftermarket door seal that worked very well... I'll see what I can research.

I'll spend some quiet time with the boxes of parts and trim and outline a game plan and parts list to buy... I'm certain I will be posting lots of questions in the very near future.

Thanks everyone for their input. I'll start a resto thread and post my progress there.

Have a great weekend,

Ed

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks Chris. I've been reading thru the forums and found some good info on seals and such. I'll continue my homework and have PMd a few restorers for their opinions. We'll see what shakes out.

Ed

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
5 hours in the garage parting my CSI and still going. I don't want to restore a car, and I haven't even started yet! :D I also ruined a good Seahawks shirt because I didn't change into shop close.

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Spent a few more hours on it yesterday. Bumpers off, some mechanical bits and such. Still quite amazed how little rust this car has. Here's Papa inspecting the progress and solving the world's problems with Barney. It was another great day.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Engine should be out next week.

Ed