What did you do to your E9 today?

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Finally moved Athena out of her winter slumber spot and put the Unicorn X3 away for the summer, had to empty the garage to do it. The M5 is longer than the Unicorn.

Our BMWs 02.JPG

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
With the instructions in German!
I see a great Berlitz video opportunity reading German during a fire.

Thanks to "der maestro" DeQuincy, I now have the Bert P fire extinguisher installed in the coupe.
A very elegant and simple installation. Ready for action should the unthinkable occur!

bimmerboy73

Reaction score
Spent the morning repairing my backup alpina spoiler. First one coupe king sent was slightly cracked so they were kind enough to just send me another. Was going to toss it but being the packrat that I am, I held onto it in the event I might need it one day. That day came all too soon. I ended up hitting a pothole on the drive back from the vintage that cracked the spoiler I had just had finished and mounted three days before. Three days. The smaller alpina spoiler I replaced was on the car for a year and a half without as much as a scrape. Oh well. Glad I had a spare. And it gave me something to do for a few hours...

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
You are allowed to turn your liability on/off in Washington. I turned it on today so I can go for a drive soon. I need to mount my new rubber and go have my alternator tested. The weather is finally becoming consistently nice in Seattle!

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Sent my Europa radio off to Becker Autosound for cleaning, push button work, and performance check. They did a great job on my friend's radio so i decided to send mine in while my car is grounded by the 10 simultaneous projects i have going right now.

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
cleaned crap out of the primary main jets in my Weber 32/36s. Was getting poor throttle response, like really had to call for fuel after 1500 rpm. found grit in jet, cleaned out, reassembled, and power back!

Randy

Reaction score
R&R the blower in AC on sunday. Did not replace expansion valve, and guess what.?.. You guessed it.. Bad valve on recharge...today.
At least I did not have lower dash all put back. Came out a lot faster the second time. and the blower is silent.
Thank to HB Chris for the Big tip on removing control face plate rather than messing with boden cables.
Randy

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Besides chasing a fan belt vibration gremlin (taking the belts off numerous times) i removed and cleaned up my fuel sender unit, it was starting to give me a false low reading. I cleaned it up, sanded down with fine sand paper the center rod which had started to flake (looks like it is chrome plated from factory) and i think this was the cause of it hanging up. I also VERY carefully sanded the 2 resistor wires with 1500 grit (these are begging to snap with any false move) and tightened the tension of the 4 little contact arms tucked inside the float. Smooth as buttah, reinstalled and all is gute.

Then i installed the bottom door seals i got from germany, and also installed the "Gary Knox" vertical door seals from Steele:

http://www.steelerubber.com/door-weatherstrip-70-1111-73

These fit very well and way cheaper than the ripoff BMW ones, thanks Gary!

I also added some richer idle jets to the Webers to give me a little more oomph off idle.

It's crazy how much one can do when one's wife is out of town :)

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Had the driveshaft rebuilt, the rear u-joint was sticking, bending in one plane but not the other. Always wondered what that ticking noise was in neutral as I slowed down. Added the e34 M5 center bearing for good measure, no more shudders in first and second gear.

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
I got a new car cover installed on the coupe to protect from the Texas sun and 100 degree temps. I also got the Boxster licensed and off of the lift to make room for the coupe. At last! Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy.

Now the process of restoration and repair can begin once I've done some deferred maintenance on the daily drivers.

Ian

German-Iron-NNN-5555.jpg