What did you do to your E9 today?

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sunny and dry in South East London today so took the car for a short drive out down the A2 to blow the cobwebs away. Then drove to Greenwich Park and parked up for a nice photo opportunity :)

IMG_3956.jpeg

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sunny and dry in South East London today so took the car for a short drive out down the A2 to blow the cobwebs away. Then drove to Greenwich Park and parked up for a nice photo opportunity :)

View attachment 84463
Do most of the RHD Coupes have vinyl roofs? Please note the windshield wiper arm with the deflector blade goes on the driver (left) side in the USA. Should yours be on the right side?

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Prepping to start her up. I want to measure the frame points and steam clean the engine/undercarriage before dismantling. I don’t trust car chargers. :)

78325B5B-4F79-4B66-A7B6-4AD0C50EE7DE.jpeg

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
stopped by to see my painter today - work is actually getting done! the prep work in the engine compartment is almost complete. they took it all down to bare metal - primed + sprayed the compartment in paint they had left over to seal it up and provide a contrasting color for seam sealing. they will use a fine bead of self-leveling seam sealer along the metal overlap joints and sand it. then they will paint it ceylon.

engine compartment - 2020-01.jpg

engine compartment - 2020-02.jpg

engine compartment - 2020-03.jpg

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Except they painted the strut caps and bolts as well.
that's okay, i will be putting in neg camber plates with new bolts and new strut caps before the new engine goes in. i'm just ecstatic that paint is going on the car and with a new hope that the car will be painted before the end of february

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
that's okay, i will be putting in neg camber plates with new bolts and new strut caps before the new engine goes in. i'm just ecstatic that paint is going on the car and with a new hope that the car will be painted before the end of february

New strut caps don’t have the BMW roundel. You can clean the paint off them. God knows how much overspray I removed from the plastic and rubber bits on my parts car. It comes off pretty easily.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
For me, it’s been a multi-day affair...

• dismounted my style gives. Going to a member in OZ
  • mounted a $40 set of TRX wheels
  • Fixed my fuel delivery issue
  • Went for a spin (confirmed my odometer is working)
  • Removed my first front bumper, not nearly as easy as the rear.
  • Removed my blinkers and confirmed that I have multiple driver’s side euro blinker housings (hiding under US lenses), and no passenger side. No big deal but I found it funny.
  • Confirmed that I accidentally purchased a passenger HL bucket and not the driver’s side that I need.
Next: Remove driver’s rocker cover...

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
For me, it’s been a multi-day affair...

• dismounted my style gives. Going to a member in OZ
  • mounted a $40 set of TRX wheels
  • Fixed my fuel delivery issue
  • Went for a spin (confirmed my odometer is working)
  • Removed my first front bumper, not nearly as easy as the rear.
  • Removed my blinkers and confirmed that I have multiple driver’s side euro blinker housings (hiding under US lenses), and no passenger side. No big deal but I found it funny.
  • Confirmed that I accidentally purchased a passenger HL bucket and not the driver’s side that I need.
Next: Remove driver’s rocker cover...
I am impressed/envious of your activities/progress.