What belts am I looking at?

Haseeb

Reaction score
Back when my car was sorta kinda running, the guy who towed it recommended changing the alternator belt, I'm probably gonna get them from rock auto since they are pretty cheap. Any idea which belts I'm looking at, or any others I should probably change? I've never changed a belt so any advice is appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_0499.JPG
    IMG_0499.JPG
    257.6 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_0503.JPG
    IMG_0503.JPG
    379.2 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_0505.JPG
    IMG_0505.JPG
    300 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_0501.JPG
    IMG_0501.JPG
    269.7 KB · Views: 165

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Just curious, why did the tow driver think you needed a new alternator belt?

Haseeb

Reaction score
Just curious, why did the tow driver think you needed a new alternator belt?
The battery was being very difficult, the battery starter we had took a long time to charge it and get it started (but that's probably just a battery issue?) and when it was running, one of those belts looked very loose (likely what made him say it)

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
The battery was being very difficult, the battery starter we had took a long time to charge it and get it started (but that's probably just a battery issue?) and when it was running, one of those belts looked very loose (likely what made him say it)

It looks loose in the photo. All things considered belts are cheap, but I hate spending money if I don't need to.

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Belts are cheap, Labor is expensive . When changing belts , buy high quality, and change them all !! (I agree with Markos 100%)