wanted BMW 3.0cs/ csi

bimoverde

Site Donor
Reaction score
I just joined this forum, and i am searching for a nicely preserved 3.0cs or csi. Preferably auto with sunroof and AC. I am not looking for a project car, unless it is well preserved and totally original(ca't be too many around). I am looking for a keeper that i can drive mostly on weekends around northern california wine country...Not sure that Csi would would have been produced with auto.
I would like to get a car from a long term owner so the car would have documentation. I sold my 72 mercedes sedan and i have room for a little coupe BMW.
I am seriously looking and willing to travel for the right car..
Please contact me through theis forum

bimoverde

Site Donor
Reaction score
HI Philippe
I have been in contact with Danny last few days regarding this car.. It is always a bit more stressful to make a long distance purchase..
Regards
Hervé

bimoverde

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Philippe
Thanks that is a very kind offer. This is my first Bmw 3.0. I had a mercedes 300sel 4.5 that i just sold.. a bit hard to park in the bay area, but a wonderful ride. The air suspension was a delight on our poor maintained roads. Danny mentioned that the silver car was sold..not sure if it is a marketing technique to sale me the bleu car(wish that one had a sunroof by the way)...If you are not too far from that shop it would be nice to get your expert opinion..
I am more familiar with british cars so your opinion would certainly be very helpful.
Best Regards
Hervé

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Before you consider importing a car from outside the US, check with the CA DMV, they have made it very difficult to register any 68-74 vehicle. The blue coupe is a US 73 model which might help but don’t count on it. It likely won’t still be in the DMV’s records.

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
There are both federal and state regualations!
Three years ago , I imported my 72 2002tii from Canada through the border ....
You either have to hire a Custom broker with fees from $400 to $1000 depending , or import it yourself if it is only for personal use . You will fill out two easy forms, pay 2.5 % import tax(May have increased under Trump but not sure)
The federal guidelines link:
https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/278/related/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNTQxMTU0MDQ2L3NpZC9MVkUqQk4tbg==

For State of California, last I heard, if it is 1975 or older it is not that difficult. 1976 and newer will be much more difficult... Please check the validity of this , as I didn’t investigate fully but curious to know ....
Best wishes!

Last edited:

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Tony, It is now much more difficult in CA, there are many horror stories out there particularly 68-74 vehicles. Even if registered out of state they have been denying titles.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Last edited:

Rex Kapriellian

Reaction score
My 72 CSI can be bought. New paint, new dash, new carpet and headliner waiting on the dash to install, wood in progress, 5 speed (with original 4 speed), original Polaris, not giving it away. :D

Attachments

• 69181485-6399-46A2-A241-23C89FD0E617.jpeg
    69181485-6399-46A2-A241-23C89FD0E617.jpeg
    299.6 KB · Views: 158

bimoverde

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi
too rough of a car.. and this is an other craig's list scam..be aware the car is at Beverly hills classics..

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
There are both federal and state regualations!
Three years ago , I imported my 72 2002tii from Canada through the border ....
You either have to hire a Custom broker with fees from $400 to $1000 depending , or import it yourself if it is only for personal use . You will fill out two easy forms, pay 2.5 % import tax(May have increased under Trump but not sure)
The federal guidelines link:
https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/278/related/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNTQxMTU0MDQ2L3NpZC9MVkUqQk4tbg==

For State of California, last I heard, if it is 1975 or older it is not that difficult. 1976 and newer will be much more difficult... Please check the validity of this , as I didn’t investigate fully but curious to know ....
Best wishes!
I was so close to buying a Canadian car not too long ago. I could not find definitive info, but what I read swayed me from the decision. Your and @HB Chris comments reinforce what my gut feeling was. Too bad, though.