Want to buy or borrow 1973,4,or 1975 color chart

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Drew, ONLY an old sample is going to be correct. the 'new' sample we got from glasurit on ceylon was a brown gold instead of an orange gold and didn't look anything like the one in deQ's pictures ... in any kind of light. most of the components in the new paints are different and therefore the formula is different and generally not the same ... especially with a complex color like turkis

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Drew, ONLY an old sample is going to be correct. the 'new' sample we got from glasurit on ceylon was a brown gold instead of an orange gold and didn't look anything like the one in deQ's pictures ... in any kind of light. most of the components in the new paints are different and therefore the formula is different and generally not the same ... especially with a complex color like turkis
Scott--I agree. That's why I'll choose the color I like best that can be made today. Ceylon is also a complex ,and very nice color. Weren't the Robots in Battlestar Galactica that color?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Drew, Colors are different today because the materials have changed including the tints needed to get the correct match. I will bet that back in the day every brand was a lot closer and Glasurit should give the best match.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Still into music as I see you are conducting behind your E9 in that image. Nice improv with the bottle of water as a baton!

Geeze Battlestar Galactica................how many of us get the reference? Also amazed that BMW didn't sue them like Chevy with the Beretta.

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
[QUOTEI'll pick the Turkis that will look best on my CS as I drive/wash/polish this Coupe for the next 15 years. Here's some work in progress:
[/QUOTE]

Wash!