Walloth & Nesch!

Stefan

Reaction score
I was planning to do my first order to the well known Walloth & Nesch on internet. I found the things I needed and went to do the order and payment....

But, big surprise!!!! I was supposed to fill in a downloaded order form (in MS Word) together with ALL my credit card data and send it by fax or email to Walloth & Nesch.

Ooops! I will never do that!

I can't really think that a well known BMW oldtimer supplier using that kind of methods for payment.

I will not expose ALL my credit cards details to be shown in a fax or Email. Mail servers often vulnerable to hacking (and I guess this mailserver could be a goldmine).

Normally electronic handshaking between supplier and my bank needed to do the transmission.

Perhaps I'm to hypersensitive, but....

How do you a safe payment when you order from Walloth & Nesch?

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I have always just handwritten the info on their price quote and faxed it back. It has never been a problem. You could telephone them directly and verbally give them the information.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I was planning to do my first order to the well known Walloth & Nesch on internet. I found the things I needed and went to do the order and payment....

But, big surprise!!!! I was supposed to fill in a downloaded order form (in MS Word) together with ALL my credit card data and send it by fax or email to Walloth & Nesch.

Ooops! I will never do that!

I can't really think that a well known BMW oldtimer supplier using that kind of methods for payment.

I will not expose ALL my credit cards details to be shown in a fax or Email. Mail servers often vulnerable to hacking (and I guess this mailserver could be a goldmine).

Normally electronic handshaking between supplier and my bank needed to do the transmission.

Perhaps I'm to hypersensitive, but....

How do you a safe payment when you order from Walloth & Nesch?

bank transfer !

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
W&N does have an archaic payment system. Their system has not changed since I made my first purchase with them back in 2002. Just made a sizeable order from them using the credit card payment via email. Guess I'll fax the order in next time.

Last edited:

Stefan

Reaction score
Bank transfer

I asked W&N about payment by Bank transfer and that was no problem. (thanks dequincy)

I went for that and it worked out very easy, quickly and safe!

So ask for bank transfer when ordering from W&N next time, and you could sleep peaceful during the nights.... :)

coupeguy

Site Donor
Reaction score
At my bank an international bank wire transfers costs $50. From Sweden to Germany could be less, but unless one is ordering a lot of stuff its a high price to pay.

HBe9

Reaction score
payment

I just ordered by downloading the form, filling it on computer and then email it back with CC info, if you use AMEX then no worries. they processed the order and on DHL by next day!! fantastic

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
At my bank an international bank wire transfers costs $50. From Sweden to Germany could be less, but unless one is ordering a lot of stuff its a high price to pay.

Look into Xoom.com for $5 wire transfer fees. I've sued a few times for sellers without Paypal. For Walloth, I just email them my credit card. I use Amex since Visa gets their undies in a twist with most international orders, even if I forewarn them.

aalto

Reaction score
Exceptional service from W &N! Used their new website the day it was unveiled (worked perfectly), got the shipping confirmation on Monday, and got my parts on Wednesday (2 days later)! Incredible really considering parts ordered from Canada or the US can sometimes take up to a week to show up at my door in Vancouver.

Really outstanding. Also received a nice W&N note pad with the shape of an E9 die-cut into the bottom!

Aussie3.0CS

Reaction score
Hi All,

I love a little gimmick, and W+N have done it nicely.... You all may have noticed their new website presentation etc, but I placed an order for some parts and got a nice new note pad with an E9 side elevation at the footer.... Nice work.

Cheers

Chris
Aussie3.0CS

Victor

Reaction score
Parts from WN

Exceptional service from W &N! Used their new website the day it was unveiled (worked perfectly), got the shipping confirmation on Monday, and got my parts on Wednesday (2 days later)! Incredible really considering parts ordered from Canada or the US can sometimes take up to a week to show up at my door in Vancouver.

Really outstanding. Also received a nice W&N note pad with the shape of an E9 die-cut into the bottom!

Hi aalto,

Just putting together an oder myself into Canada. How are the custom HST charges handled. Did you pay the tax to the shipper COD.
Canada customs told me that but it sounds wierd to me.

Thanks in advance.

Victor

e3er

Reaction score
Victor,

Why talk to Canada customs unless it's a silly large order.

Walloth has been my no.1 Bavaria parts supplier for a couple of years, and its always been very easy to deal with them. I'm also in Canada, and I order a bunch of Skoda parts out of the fatherland and Czech without issue either.

zambo

Reaction score
I spent 1000 Euro with them for my E3 ...

and got jack-**** in terms of freebies :)

Seriously though, their service is exceptional and they are super friendly on the phone to sort out your issues if you have any.

A notepad sounds nice though ... maybe with the next order ...

Richard
Brisbane, Australia

bobabob

Reaction score
They really came through for me, on time, as quoted, perfectly wrapped stainless steel exhaust system (Larini?). Almost too good looking to install!

Bob LaFerriere

Attachments

• EXHAUST 1.jpg
    EXHAUST 1.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 180
  • EXHAUST 2.jpg
    EXHAUST 2.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 177

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
W&N provide an invaluable service & I will continue to buy from them. However, the drain hoses they are currently selling should be avoided, unless it is your only option. The rubber in the fitting area is too thin and too large in diameter and will not stay without using a hose clamp in an area that’s already pretty busy. Even then, the quality is such that one suspects a replacement will be needed soon.

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
W&N provide an invaluable service & I will continue to buy from them. However, the drain hoses they are currently selling should be avoided, unless it is your only option. The rubber in the fitting area is too thin and too large in diameter and will not stay without using a hose clamp in an area that’s already pretty busy. Even then, the quality is such that one suspects a replacement will be needed soon.
Thanks for this, I was just thinking about getting these, but not available from any other source, as far as I know. I have 1 good used one, but thought of getting a new pair from somewhere.